- News & Updates
- People Of SFU: Meet the Food Superstars Who Helped Bring The New Dining Commons To Life
- Burnaby Mountain Comes Together To Celebrate StreetFest! 2022
- Embedding Sustainability In New SFU Letters
- The SFU Living Labs Program Connects Research With Campus Services and Sustainability
- SFU Welcomes Back Graduates This Summer With Most Ceremonies Ever Hosted
- Fair Trade Ambassador Daphne Chan Wins 2022 NACAS Student Author Contest
- Mugshare Launches at Renaissance Café
- Smart Vending Arrives at SFU
- Student Nathan 'Cain' Lee Aims To Rank Up To The World of Professional eSports
- Shannon De Groot Joins SFU As New Director of MECS
- SFU community rallies to support B.C. flood relief response
- The Study Public House Temporary Closure
- Document Solutions Surrey Service Updates
- Students and Staff Collaborate to Ensure Water Access On Campuses
- Fair Trade Ambassador Nell Jedrzejczyk Wins NACAS Student Author Contest
- The Community Vibrancy Initiative is bringing 'good vibes' to Burnaby Campus
- Stay Dry With Umbracity At SFU
- Document Solutions Campus Operations Updates
- The Bookstore & Spirit Shop Welcomes You
- Return To Campus Student Webinars with TransLink
- SFU StreetFest! Virtual draws more than 2,000 global visitors
- Co-op opportunities still provide work-integrated learning and experience during pandemic
- Feed BC: Building opportunities for B.C. food with post-secondary partners
- SFU Bookstore and Spirit Shop innovate to prioritize student choice
- Join in as we phase out single-use plastic water bottles
- Summer Term Parking Info
- Re-use For Good
- Community Vibrancy
- Fair Trade
- DAC Community Consultation
- Contact Us
A New Look Drives Excitement For The Campus Community Shuttle
You may have seen our Campus Community Shuttle around the Burnaby campus before but you’ve never seen it like this!
Our Campus Community Shuttle has received a colourful makeover, thanks to a collaboration between SFU and local design studio, Chairman Ting. Since 2019, installations featuring the artwork of Chairman Ting can be found across our campuses including the large Harbour Centre lobby mural in Vancouver and various other applications at Burnaby, enlivening our public spaces.
The redesign of the shuttle was intended to create a memorable SFU vehicle that users would recognize instantly and that would show pride for the university.
“The new shuttle graphics allowed us to solve an existing problem: improve the shuttle’s visibility on campus,” says Ailsa Brown, Project Director, Brand Expression. “We tapped into existing strategic brand resources, adding some visual fun to what is essentially a mobile art installation!”
The Campus Community Shuttle is a joint project between SFU and Fraser International College to provide quick and safe options for traversing the Burnaby campus – especially on dark and rainy nights. The shuttle operates every thirty minutes between 8:00 am and 10:30 pm* and stops at Residence West lot, Residence Main Lot, University High Street (east/west) and Discovery 1. The shuttle is accessible and free for anyone in the community, including students, faculty, staff and UniverCity residents. After the shuttle launched in 2019, it has serviced an average of up to 35,000 riders per year with 15,800 users alone shuttled around in the fall term of 2022.
“The shuttle makes it easier for the community to get around and reduces the reliance on cars to navigate the Burnaby campus,” says David Agosti, Director of Parking and Sustainable Mobility. “Additionally, this newer version of the shuttle runs on propane which helps to keep it sustainable for the long term.”
Check out the beautiful new shuttle driving around campus and hop in for a ride to your next destination.
For more information on the Campus Community Shuttle, please visit the SFU Parking webpage.
*with breaks between 11:30 am - 12 pm and 7:30 pm - 8 pm