The SFU Burnaby 2065 Campus Master Plan provides a flexible physical planning and decision-making framework that will guide the ongoing development of the physical campus over the next five decades.
More specifically, the plan works to:
- Identify, create and reinvigorate physical attributes and campus amenities
- Use the magnetic principles of place-making to attract and retain outstanding students, faculty and staff
- Help us to understand the physical characteristics, forms, structures, and functions that can continue to make our buildings and the spaces that tie them together into a great campus
- Identify and enhance landscaped open spaces, both natural and designed, that distinguish the unique character of the campus environment
- Determine how to best use and develop the lands and facilities on Burnaby Mountain
- Meet the needs of the future demographics, and respond to changing trends over time
You can download the full Campus Master Plan below, or download the Campus Master Plan magazine for an at-a-glance summary of the plan and its guiding principles.