New friends. New experiences. New learning.
Become a member of the SFU Seniors Lifelong Learners Society and you’ll join a group for whom age is just a number. Not a roadblock.
What we do
- Provide advice and suggestions to SFU on matters of interest to 55+ adults.
- Promote lifelong learning by encouraging and facilitating participation in credit and non-credit courses at SFU
- Organize and staff the Welcome Back Tables at the beginning of each set of classes
- Initiate and manage FLASHPOINT lectures that feature breaking international news
- Support SFU’s Liberal Arts and 55+ Program’s Free Forums by providing the speakers’ honoraria
- Provide input to the Liberal Arts and 55+ Program
- Provide specific endowments for selected SFU undergraduate students and contribute to bursaries, through the Liberal Arts and 55+ Program,for students in need.
- Have fun and meet new friends by attending events and volunteering
- Enjoy social events, like local riverboat and inlet cruises, excursions, and holiday lunches at members-only discount prices
- Enjoy priority ticketing and seating at FLASHPOINT lectures
- Participate in FREE workshops of special interest to seniors
- Attend FREE lectures by well-known local speakers
- Support FLASHPOINT and free Forums
To become a member of SLLS, complete the application form and mail to the address on the form together with a cheque for $25