Study Permit

Apply for a Study Permit

We recommend that all international students apply for a study permit. You can apply for a study permit online or by paper through the responsible visa office or visa application centre. Please visit the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website.

Permit Type

Depending on your nationality or citizenship, you may need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) as well. To see if you require a TRV or eTA, please visit the IRCC website.

The visa officer will process your application for a TRV or eTA at the same time as your study permit. You do not need a separate application.

Letter of Acceptance

We will supply you with a Letter of Acceptance after you have paid the complete tuition for the period of time you are planning to study in the English Language and Culture Program.

Study Permit Extension

If your studies will extend beyond the expiry date on your study permit, you will need to apply to extend your study permit before it expires. You can apply online or by paper to extend your study permit. Please visit the IRCC website for more information. If you have any questions about how to apply, please contact our ELC Program Coordinator/RISIA

Need more information?

Contact Judy Shabtai, our ELC Program Coordinator/RISIA.

Email us

Do I need a study Permit?

International students studying for less than 6 months are not required to obtain a study permit [R188(1)(c)]. However, we recommend all international students apply for a study permit regardless of how long they will be studying.