- ABOUT THE HRO
- Guide to the Human Rights Policy and the Complaint Process
- Human Rights Guide for Students
- Human Rights Guide for Faculty and Staff
- Discrimination in the Hiring Process
- Disability Accommodation
- Religious Accommodation
- Multifaith Calendar
- Pregnancy and Breast/Chestfeeding Accommodation
- Guide to Pronouns
- Annual Reports
- Human Rights Policy Board
- GET HELP
- Contact Us
Human Rights Policy Board
We are inviting expressions of interest from SFU faculty members who are interested in serving on the Human Rights Policy Board. If you have a passion for contributing to collaborative work to advance equity in policy realms at SFU, then we encourage you to submit your expression of interest to the Chair of the Human Rights Policy Board. Please review the Call for Expressions of Interest for more information.
The Human Rights Policy Board’s role is:
- To provide advice to the University Secretary concerning the Policy and its associated procedures.
- To act as an advisory resource for the Director of Human Rights, including to provide advice and guidance in the development of an educational program.
- To review and comment on the annual report prepared by the Director of Human Rights.
- To participate in the mandated formal review of the Human Rights Policy every five years, or at such other time as the Policy undergoes formal review.
The Human Rights Policy Board will consist of three faculty members, three staff members, four students (at least one graduate and one undergraduate), and a Chair.
Appendix B to the Human Rights Policy (GP 18) sets out the appointment process, membership, and terms of reference for the Human Rights Policy Board.
Human Rights Policy Board Membership
|Berezhnova, Dasha (Darya)||Staff, External Relationsemail@example.com||November 1, 2022 - October 30, 2025|
||Student Member, Graduatefirstname.lastname@example.org||May 1, 2022 - April 30, 2023|
|Kyne, Ashley||Student Member, Graduateemail@example.com||May 1, 2021 - April 30, 2023|
|L, Sharvesh||Student Member, Graduatefirstname.lastname@example.org||January 1, 2023 - December 31, 2023|
|Lorraine, Brian||Staff Memberemail@example.com||May 1, 2023 - April 30, 2026|
|McGovern, Clare||Faculty, Political Science - SFUFAfirstname.lastname@example.org||October 1, 2022 - September 30, 2025|
|O’Doherty, Tamara (Chair)||Faculty, Criminology - SFUFAemail@example.com||September 1, 2020, August 31, 2023|
||Faculty, Beedie School of Business, SFUFA
||firstname.lastname@example.org||May 1, 2022 - April 30, 2025
||Staff, Faculty of Applied Sciences, APSA
||May 1, 2022 - April 30, 2025
||Student Member, Undergraduate
||Khoa_vo@sfu.ca||May 1, 2022 - April 30, 2023
Students are appointed for a one-year term.
Faculty and staff are appointed for a three-year term.
The Human Rights Policy Board response to the 2021 Annual Report is available here.
The Human Rights Policy Board initial response to the call for community feedback on the move of the Human Rights Office to the Vice-President, People, Equity, Inclusion portfolio is available here.
F T I