Human Rights Policy Board
SFU Human Rights Policy covers:
- Harassment based on a prohibited ground of discrimination
- Sexual harassment
Appendix B - Human Rights Policy Board
2.4.1 The Board’s role and terms of reference are:
- To provide advice to the University Secretary concerning the Policy and its associated procedures.
- To act as an advisory resource for the Director of Human Rights, including to provide advice and guidance in the development of an educational program.
- To review and comment on the annual report prepared by the Director of Human Rights.
- To participate in the mandated formal review of the Human Rights Policy every five years, or at such other time as the Policy undergoes formal review.
The Human Rights Policy Board will consist of three faculty members, three staff members, four students (at least one graduate and one undergraduate), and a Chair.
Human Rights Policy Board Membership
We are inviting expressions of interest from SFU faculty members who are interested in serving on the Human Rights Policy Board. If you have a passion to contribute to collaborative work to advance equity in policy realms at SFU, then we invite you to review the Call for Expressions of Interest for details, instructions, and timeline.
|Bacchus, Shaneza||Staff, Criminology - CUPEfirstname.lastname@example.org||May 1, 2021 - April 30, 2024|
||Student Member, Undergraduateemail@example.com||May 1, 2021 - April 30, 2022|
||Faculty, Philosophy - SFUFAfirstname.lastname@example.org||May 1, 2021 - April 30, 2024|
|Doehring, Erika||Student Member, Graduateemail@example.com||May 1, 2021 - April 30, 2022|
|Kyne, Ashley||Student Member, Undergraduatefirstname.lastname@example.org||May 1, 2021 - April 30, 2022|
|McKay, Maegan||Student Member, Graduateemail@example.com||May 1, 2021 - April 30, 2022|
|O’Doherty, Tamara (Chair)||Faculty, Criminology - SFUFAfirstname.lastname@example.org||September 1, 2020, August 31, 2023|
|Shapko, Lisa||Staff, Audio Visual Services - APSAemail@example.com||February 25, 2016 - February 24, 2023|
|Stoddard, Mitchell||Staff, Centre for Accessible Learning - APSAfirstname.lastname@example.org||July 11, 2018 - July 10, 2022|
|Ghorab, Roya||Staff, Human Rights Office, Recording Secretary, Ex-officio (non-voting)||email@example.com||November 1, 2018 - Present|
Students are appointed for a one-year term.
Faculty and staff are appointed for a three-year term.