The Language and Brain Lab (LABlab) welcomes research volunteers and assistants to be involved in lab activities and research.
A. Your Opportunities
As a research volunteer, you will have opportunities to be involved in various research projects (for a list of our current projects, please visit: http://www.sfu.ca/lablab/currentprojects.html Volunteers are often assigned to one or several project groups where they will be trained to learn various experimental techniques and the research process. For continuing volunteers, there may also be a chance to be hired as research assistants, depending on performance, contribution, need, and funding availability.
We expect research volunteers to -
- be committed to a workload of 5 hours a week for a minimum of three consecutive semesters,
- attend weekly (1-hour) lab meetings,
- attend project group meetings, and
- meet the deadlines for assignments.
- University-level student (completed Ling 220);
- Relevant background (e.g., linguistics, psychology, cognitive science, computing science, neuroscience, statistics, etc.)
For application, please send use this online application form. (Please note that we are not recruiting new research volunteers at the moment. You may still submit an application but we will only inform shortlisted applicants when new openings become available. Thank you!)
E. Interview and Lab Visit
After you submit the application, the lab director will contact you if an interview is to be arranged. You will also have a chance to visit the lab, meet our wonderful members, and/or join one of our lab meetings. You are also highly encouraged to explore our website: http://www.sfu.ca/lablab