Mechatronic Systems Engineering Co-op Education Program
Co-op is one of the key reasons prospective students choose our school. You’ll gain invaluable real-world experience, explore career options first-hand, build great contacts and earn credits – all while getting paid. Over 85% of our students find employment after graduation through the industry network they built during co-op.
What is co-op?
Our mandatory co-op program integrates academic study with relevant paid work. You’ll experience exactly what it’s like to be part of a team within a large company or a smaller cutting-edge enterprise. You’ll also be expected to participate fully and apply your classroom knowledge in a multitude of challenging real-world situations. Our co-op program is the best way to bring your studies to life.
The Value of Co-op?
Talk to students who have taken the co-op program and they’ll give you a host of reasons why it worked for them. The main benefits can include:
- Gaining a competitive advantage in the marketplace
- Applying classroom learning in practical situations
- Building a strong application for graduate studies
- Exploring different career options
- Working locally, nationally or internationally
- Gaining job interview practice
- Expanding your professional network
- Experiencing different work environments
- Developing “soft” skills, including communication and time management
- Building your resume
- Gaining relevant work experience
- Helping to finance your studies
Where are the jobs?
Our co-op program has hundreds of active employers looking for Mechatronic Systems Engineering students. Previously, our students have completed work terms in Vancouver and across Canada, as well as internationally in the USA, Japan, France, Austria, the UK, China, Taiwan, Korea and Chile.
Can I take the program if I am an international student?
Yes, after completing the necessary steps to obtain a work permit. Please contact your co-op coordinator for more information.
To start exploring our co-op program and learn about one of the future highlights of your Mechatronic Systems Engineering degree, click here.