In Support of the enhancement of interest in the University and each other, the purposes of the Association are:
- to provide a link between retired employees, the University and each other;
- to provide the opportunity for the social interaction of its members;
- to act as a forum for discussion about the University and education generally, and to promote and further higher education;
- to support the University in the larger community;
- to encourage members to donate their time and resources to appropriate University activities;
- to encourage the University and its various employee groups to take into account requirements of its retirees;
- to facilitate interaction with other retiree/seniors organizations;
- not to own, operate or manage a social club.
Constitution of the Simon Fraser University Retirees Association registered under the B.C. Societies Act as File S-38485 in the Office of the Registrar of Companies, Victoria, B.C. Original registration June 1998. Renewed 2017 to conform to the revised Societies Act.
Neil Abramson, Frances Atkinson, Jay Arthur H Burr, Walter Piovesan, and Allen Seager.
SIMON FRASER UNIVERSITY RETIREES ASSOCIATION (SFURA)
Incorporation Number: S0038485
Business Number 84718 9685 BC0001
Member Funded: Yes
SFU RETIREES ASSOCIATION
SIMON FRASER UNIVERSITY - AQ 3048
8888 UNIVERSITY WAY
BURNABY BC V5A 1S6