Student Learning Commons
The Student Learning Commons (SLC) offers expert and friendly help with academic writing, learning, and study strategies -- in an environment of collaboration, discussion, and peer learning.
You can find SLC services on all three campuses.
The SLC will be offering the following workshops every semester:
- Academic Grammar and Writing
- Academic Writing Q & A
- Academic Writing Refresher
- Analyze This! From Summary to Critical Writing
- Autonomous Writing Groups
- Better Paragraphs: Strengthening Argument and Organization
- Creating an Effective Study Schedule
- Critical Reading and Thinking
- "Crunch Time" Survival 101
- Get the Most from your Lectures
- Hot Tips for Revising
- How to Argue Academically
- How to Stay Focused on School in the Summer
- How to Succeed on Exams
- Improve your Concentration and Reading Effectiveness
- Improve your Reading Effectiveness
- Learning from your University Experience
- Looking Back on Your First Year
- Managing Procrastination
- Practice-based Presentation Skills
- Study Strategies that Work!
- Successful Exam Writing
- Time Management for Busy Students
- Unclutter your Prose
- Using Sources in your Paper?
- Welcome to Writing @ University
i Note: This opportunity is recognized on the Co-Curricular Record (CCR), an official University document that tracks students’ co-curricular involvement at SFU. Learn more about the Co-Curricular Record.
Start date: Every semester