Join us on Tuesday, September 5th to celebrate Welcome Day, a fun-filled day of activities meant to welcome all new undergraduate students to the SFU community this Fall term!
If you're a brand new university student coming straight from high school, transferring from another post-secondary institution or an international student, we have a whole suite of orientation activities tailored for you. They'll give you the opportunity to:
- Meet your fellow HIVE members and HIVE Leader, staff, plus others who will be a part of your new community
- Learn about the larger SFU community
- Connect with your fellow peers during your free lunch
- Explore your campus
- Find out more about your program of study, and more!
RSVP to Welcome Day
All new SFU undergraduates are invited—and encouraged—to attend Welcome Day! You can find your invitation in the Get Started newsletter. Make sure to RSVP right away because registration now closes on August 31st!
More information to help prepare you for Welcome Day will be sent to your email in September.
We are aiming to have the most inclusive, accessible and exciting Welcome Day yet!
WELCOME DAY - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why should I attend Welcome Day?
- Welcome Day helps new students transition into the SFU community in a fun and engaging way. You'll have the chance to meet your peers, faculty, and staff at SFU. You get to explore and find your way around campus in preparation for your first day. And you will learn more about how to get involved in the community and get insight and tips from your HIVE leaders on what it’s really like being a student at SFU.
Do I have to RSVP to attend Welcome Day?
- Yes! Your RSVP helps us prepare for your arrival on Welcome Day and lets us know if you require any special dietary or accessibility accommodations. Registration now closes on August 31st!
What should I bring with me on Welcome Day?
- Make sure to have your Eventbrite QR code ready at check-in! As portions of the day may be taking place outdoors, make sure to dress accordingly. We also recommend that you have your class schedule with you so we can help find your specific classrooms, lecture theatres and labs.
I did not receive an invite to register for Welcome Day. What do I do?
- Invitations to Welcome Day are sent as part of the Get Started newsletter. If you are unable to find it there, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I bring my parents/friends/supporters with me to Welcome Day?
- Welcome Day is only open to new SFU students.
Where can I find a quiet space, if needed?
- You can find our “Chill Zone”, featuring colouring and other quiet activities, at the SFSS Women’s Centre Lounge (Student Union Building room 2210).
What are the crowds like at Welcome Day?
- Welcome Day is well attended and crowds of up to 3000+ at the Burnaby event. Surrey and Vancouver are smaller events.
Can I volunteer for Welcome Day?
- Yes! Applications for volunteers who have completed at least 2 terms by Fall 2023 are now being accepted for Welcome Day. Please check out myInvolvement (Opportunity ID: 6166) for more information. Applications close on August 13th!