- Startup Services
- Contact Us
Move ideas into action!
Coast Capital Savings Venture Connection's early-stage incubator provides students, staff, faculty members, and recent alumni from all faculties with direct support to develop their own startup ventures with mentorship from experienced entrepreneurs.
Entry is by invitation, following successful completion of the SPARK program and an intake panel.
Each team is assigned a lead Mentor-in-Residence (MIRs) who works with the team to set and meet milestones for their next stage of development.
Regular review panels are held with MIRs and industry experts.
Early-stage Incubator services are provided at no charge to participants.
- Access to industry events
- Networking opportunities
- Connections to industry experts and business advisors
- Room access for team and customer meetings
- PR support
- Launch support
- Drop-in access to SFU-Surrey coworking space
- Dedicated desks or offices for select teams
- Specialized client workshops
- Customized events and resources for female founders
- Additional in-kind resources from partner organizations such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Hubspot for startups
- Have a clear and presentable business model
- Have a service, product or licensing business model, which plans to employ multiple people and where business growth is a major objective. It cannot be structured to achieve a "lifestyle."
- At least 25% of its ownership or management control held by SFU students, staff, faculty members or recent alumni
- Revenues to-date are less than $500K
- Investment to-date is less than $1 million
- Interested applicants must submit a completed SPARK workbook, signed off by a mentor through the Mentor Meet program
- Applicants may then be invited to fill out an application form and present to an intake panel.
Applications are received on a continuous basis. Intake panels are scheduled quarterly.
For more information, please contact us at 778-782-8101 or at email@example.com.
Check out the Success Stories page to learn more about the successful alumni of Coast Capital Savings Venture Connection's Incubator Program.
Venture Connection's Life Sciences Stream (LSS) is delivered in partnership with Genome BC. Key mentoring activities and incubation services are also delivered in partnership with the Discovery Foundation Technology Education Program.
Additional in-kind resources for Venture Connection’s startups provided by: