- Startup Services
- Contact Us
Move ideas into action!
Coast Capital Venture Connection's early-stage incubator provides students, staff, faculty members, and recent alumni from all faculties with direct support to develop their own startup ventures with mentorship from experienced entrepreneurs.
Entry is by invitation, following successful completion of the SPARK program and an intake panel.
Each team is assigned a lead Mentor-in-Residence (MIRs) who works with the team to set and meet milestones for their next stage of development.
Regular review panels are held with MIRs and industry experts.
Early-stage Incubator services are provided at no charge to participants.
- Access to industry events
- Networking opportunities
- Connections to industry experts and business advisors
- Room access for team and customer meetings
- PR support
- Launch support
- Drop-in access to SFU-Surrey coworking space
- Dedicated desks or offices for select teams
- Specialized client workshops
- Customized events and resources for female founders
- Additional in-kind resources from partner organizations such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Hubspot for startups
- At least 25% of its ownership (or expected ownership if not yet incorporated) or management control held by SFU students, staff, faculty members or recent alumni
- Annual revenue for the last 12 months is less than $500k
- Investment to-date is less than $1 million
- 6 founders or less
- All team members/employees are the legal age of majority in BC (19 years old)
- At least one founder must be a permanent resident in the Province of BC or if the client is a company, it must have significant activity in BC
- Interested applicants must submit a completed SPARK workbook, signed off by a mentor through the Mentor Meet program
- Applicants may then be invited to present to an intake panel.
Applications are received on a continuous basis.
For more information, please contact us at 778-782-8101 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the Success Stories page to learn more about the successful alumni of Coast Capital Venture Connection's Incubator Program.
Venture Connection's Life Sciences Stream (LSS) is delivered in partnership with Genome BC.
Additional in-kind resources for Venture Connection’s startups provided by: