SFU Community Trust Endowment Fund
The SFU Community Trust was established to oversee the planning and development of UniverCity, a sustainable master-planned community adjacent to the Simon Fraser University Burnaby campus. Revenues from the development have been used to establish the Community Trust Endowment Fund (CTEF). The terms of reference for CTEF were revised in 2018 and approved by the SFU Board of Governors.
The purpose of the endowment is to support knowledge generation and knowledge transfer through research, scholarship and training. In particular the SFU Community Trust Endowment Fund supports:
- The enhancement of SFU’s research intensity and distinctiveness
- The implementation of SFU’s Strategic Research Plan
- Outstanding SFU faculty and students.
Funds are used to support an array of activities including:
- Undergraduate Research Assistantships and Graduate Student Fellowships
- Matching funds for university strategic research applications
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) small grants
- International research collaborations.
In addition to the above, CTEF provides seed funds for multidisciplinary teams who are developing programs of research that address the challenges and clusters set out in the Strategic Research Plan.
If your SFU multidisciplinary team has a great idea that needs support we want to hear from you.