Dr. Katrina Honigs
Office: SC K 10506
Email address: khonigs "at" sfu "dot" ca
Office hours: TBA
During the Fall 2022 semester, I am teaching Math 818, WF 2:30-4:20, AQ5050
- Textbook: Shafarevich "Basic Algebraic Geometry 1", Fulton "Algebraic Curves.
- Course page here
- Mathematics Research Community: Derived Categories, Arithmetic and Geometry, to run June 4-10, 2023.
More information and registration will be available
Materials from from past talks, organizing:
- FRG Workshop: Derived Categories and Moduli Spaces, Cornell University, April 30, 2022:
Video of my talk
- Meet an SFU Scientist, April 27, 2022:
The slides from my talk
- Summer School, Summer 2021: "PRIMA 2021 Summer School: Rational curves and moduli spaces in arithmetic geometry". Lectures, course notes and worksheets are available here. Lectures are also hosted on mathtube.org.
- Groups of symplectic involutions on symplectic varieties of Kummer type and their fixed loci
With Sarah Frei.
- A transcendental Brauer-Manin obstruction to weak approximation on a Calabi-Yau threefold arxiv
With Sachi Hashimoto, Alicia Lamarche and Isabel Vogt. Res. Number Theory 8 (2022)
- Rational points and derived equivalence arxiv
With Nick Addington, Ben Antieau and Sarah Frei. Compos. Math. 157 (2021) 1036--1050
- Fourier--Mukai partners of Enriques and bielliptic surfaces in positive characteristic arxiv
With Max Lieblich and Sofia Tirabassi. Math. Res. Lett. 28 (2021) 65--91
- Derived equivalences of canonical covers of hyperelliptic and Enriques surfaces in positive characteristic arxiv
With Luigi Lombardi and Sofia Tirabassi. Math. Z. 146 (2020) 727--749
- Derived equivalence, Albanese varieties, and the zeta functions of 3-dimensional varieties. arxiv
Appendix with Jeff Achter, Sebastian Casalaina-Martin, and Charles Vial. Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 146 (2018), 1005--1013
- Derived equivalent surfaces and abelian varieties, and their zeta functions. arxiv
Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 143 (2015), 4161--4166
- Missing edge coverings of bipartite graphs and the gometry of the Hausdorff metric pdf.
J. Geom. 104 (2013) 107--125
(Relates to work I did at the REU at GVSU)
Some course materials from past teaching:
- In Summer 2018, I taught Math 6080 at the University of Utah. The course webpage is here
- In Spring 2018, I taught Math 5320 at the University of Utah. The course webpage is here
- Definitions of the multiplicative group and group objects in categories pdf.
- Coherence theorems in two-dimensional category theory pdf. This summary article was my Part III essay.
Several years ago, I met Alexander Grothendieck. I wrote an essay about it linked here. An abridged version of this essay appeared in Vol. 63, No. 3 of Notices.