The Comparative Media Arts Journal
Prior to publication, all artists and authors contributing to the The Comparative Media Arts Journal must sign the following copyright license agreement:
By exercising the Licensed Rights, you the undersigned accept and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Public License ("Public License"). To the extent this “Public License” may be interpreted as a contract, you are granted the Licensed Rights in consideration of your acceptance of these terms and conditions, and the Licensor grants you such rights in consideration of benefits the Licensor receives from making the Licensed Material available under these terms and conditions.
For complete “Public License” wording (including Section 1 – Definitions; Section 2 – Scope; Section 3 – License Conditions; Section 4 – Sui Generis Database Rights; Section 5 – Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability; Section 6 – Term and Termination; Section 7 – Other Terms and Conditions; and Section 8 – Interpretation), please refer to the following Creative Commons webpage. The wording available on the webpage (accessed on May 19, 2015) will be used, followed by the following additional wording recommended by Simon Fraser University staff.
Terms of Agreement
By signing this agreement the Author/Artist(s) agree to the following terms:
- I hereby release and discharge the “Publication” (The Comparative Media Arts Journal) and its staff, as well as Simon Fraser University (SFU) and its employees and agents, from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with the use or reuse of the “Contribution,” including without limitation any and all claims for libel, moral rights infringement, copyright infringement, or violation of any right of publicity or privacy.
- I (and any associated Author/Artist(s)) grant to the “Publication” the non-exclusive right to reproduce, migrate to different format or medium, and/or make accessible the submission worldwide in electronic format and in any medium, including but not limited to online, paper, audio or video.
- I grant that the “Publication” may, without changing the content, migrate the submission to any medium or format for the purpose of preservation. I also grant that the “Publication” may keep more than one copy of the submission for purposes of security, back-up and preservation.
- I grant to the School for the Contemporary Arts at Simon Fraser University and to the “Publication” the right to include the submission in future works published by the School for the Contemporary Arts at Simon Fraser University or by the “Publication” such as special editions, collected works, etc.
The Author/Artist(s) warrant and represent that:
- The Author/Artist(s) are the sole Author/Artist(s) and owner(s) of the copyright in the “Contribution”. If the “Contribution” includes materials of others, the Author/Artist(s) have obtained the permission of the owners of the copyright in all such materials to enable them to grant the rights contained herein.
- The Author/Artist(s) qualify for authorship, and the “Contribution,” or its equivalent, has not been submitted for publication elsewhere.
- Nothing in the “Contribution” is obscene, defamatory, libelous, violates any right of privacy or infringes any intellectual property rights (including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark) or any other human, personal or other rights of any kind of any person or entity or is otherwise unlawful.
- Nothing in the “Contribution” infringes any duty of confidentiality which any of the Author/Artist(s) may owe to anyone else or violates any contract, express or implied, of any of the Author/Artist(s).
If you would like to submit to the Journal of Comparative Media Arts but are unsure of the Copyright agreement, please contact us at email@example.com.