Joseph G. Peters
Professor Emeritus, School of Computing Science
||TASC 1 9009
Ph.D., Computer Science, University of Toronto, Canada, 1984
M.Sc., Computer Science, University of Toronto, Canada, 1976
B. Math., Computer Science, University of Waterloo, Canada, 1974
- Modelling and performance analysis of communication networks
- Communication algorithms
- Distributed computation
- Multimedia networking
- Algorithms and Complexity Theory
- Network Communication
- Simulation and Modelling
Recently taught courses
- CMPT 305 Computer Simulation and Modelling
- CMPT 307 Data Structures and Algorithms
- CMPT 371 Data Communications and Networking
- CMPT 705 Design and Analysis of Algorithms
Selected recent publications
- A. Casteigts, R. Klasing, Y.M. Neggaz, J.G. Peters.
Computing Parameters of Sequence-based Dynamic Graphs.
Theory of Computing Systems, 63:3(2019), 394--417.
- L. Gargano, P. Hell, J.G. Peters, U. Vaccaro.
Influence Diffusion in Social Networks under Time Window Constraints.
Theoretical Computer Science, 584(2015), 53--66.
- M. Jamali Langroodi, J. Peters, and S. Shirmohammadi.
Decoder-Complexity-Aware Encoding of Motion Compensation for Multiple Heterogeneous Receivers.
ACM Transactions on Multimedia Computing, Communications, and Applications, 11:2s(2015), 46:1--46:22.
- F. Molazem Tabrizi, J. Peters, and M. Hefeeda.
Dynamic Control of Receiver Buffers in Mobile Video Streaming Systems.
IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 15:5(2013), 995--1008.
- H.A. Harutyunyan, A.L. Liestman, J.G. Peters, and D. Richards.
Broadcasting and gossiping in communication networks.
Handbook of Graph Theory, Second Edition, Chapter 12.2,
J.L. Gross, J. Yellen, P. Zhang (Eds.), CRC Press, Dec. 2013, 1477--1494.
I am not recruiting new graduate students, post-docs, or interns, but I have many excellent colleagues who are. Admission is done by a committee and is highly competitive. If you want to attend SFU, I encourage you to submit your application according to the instructions on the School of Computing Science website.