Robert D. Cameron
Professor, School of Computing Science
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of British Columbia, Canada, 1983
B.A. Sc., Electrical Engineering, University of British Columbia, Canada, 1977
- High performance parsing and text processing
- SIMD and multicore parallelism
- Programming language technology
- Software systems
- Open software technology
- Symbolic computing techniques
- Hardware-software interface
- Software systems capstone projects
Recently taught courses
- COMP 21186 Computer Organization (Zhejiang University)
- CMPT 885 Special Topics in Computer Architecture
- CMPT 383 Comparative Programming Languages
Selected recent publications
- Robert D. Cameron, Nigel Medforth, Dan Lin, Dale Denis and William N. Sumner, "Bitwise Data Parallelism with LLVM: The ICgrep Case Study" ICA3PP 2015, Zhangjiajie, China, November 18-20, 2015.
- Robert D. Cameron, Thomas C. Shermer, Arrvindh Shriraman, Kenneth S. Herdy, Dan Lin, Benjamin R. Hull, Meng Lin. Bitwise data parallelism in regular expression matching,” PACT 2014, Edmonton, Canada, August 25-27, 2014.
- Medforth, Nigel, Dan Lin, Kenneth Herdy, Rob Cameron and Arrvindh Shriraman. “icXML: Accelerating a Commercial XML Parser Using SIMD and Multicore Technologies.” Balisage: The Markup Conference 2013, Montréal, Canada, August 6 - 9, 2013.
- Dan Lin, Nigel Medforth, Kenneth S. Herdy, Arrvindh Shriraman, Robert D. Cameron: Parabix: Boosting the efficiency of text processing on commodity processors. HPCA 2012: 373-384.
- Robert D. Cameron, Ehsan Amiri, Kenneth S. Herdy, Dan Lin, Thomas C. Shermer, Fred Popowich: Parallel scanning with bitstream addition: An XML Case Study. Euro-Par (2) 2011: 2-13.
Listing on the DBLP CS Bibliography Server.