Professor, School of Computing Science
Habilitation, Computer Science, University of Paderborn, Germany, 1999
Doctorate, Computer Science, University of Paderborn, Germany, 1992
Diploma, Computer Science, University of Paderborn, Germany, 1987
- Formal engineering methods
- Intelligent systems
- Security informatics
- Computational criminology
Software Technology Lab: www.stl.sfu.ca/
- System specification and design
- Distributed and mobile systems
- Software process management
Recently taught courses
- CMPT 475 Software Engineering II
Selected recent publications
- Hamed Yaghoubi Shahir, Uwe Glässer, Amir Yaghoubi Shahir, and Hans Wehn. Maritime Situation Analysis Framework: Vessel Interaction Classification and Anomaly Detection. In Proceedings of the 2015 IEEE International Conference on Big Data, Santa Clara, CA, USA, IEEE.
- Mohammad A. Tayebi, Martin Ester, Uwe Glässer and Patricia L. Brantingham. 2014. Spatially Embedded Co-offence Prediction Using Supervised Learning. In Proceedings of the 20th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, KDD 2014, NYC, USA, ACM, 1789–98.
- Hamed Yaghoubi Shahir, Uwe Glässer, Narek Nalbandyan and Hans Wehn. 2014. Maritime Situation Analysis: A Multi-vessel Interaction and Anomaly Detection Framework. In Proceedings of the IEEE Joint Intelligence and Security Informatics Conference, JISIC 2014, The Hague, The Netherlands, IEEE, 192–99.
- Narek Nalbandyan, Uwe Glässer, Hamed Yaghoubi Shahir and Hans Wehn. 2014. Distributed Situation Analysis: A Formal Semantic Framework. In Proceedings of the 4th International Conference, Abstract State Machines, Alloy, B, TLA, VDM, and Z, ABZ 2014, Toulouse, France, Lecture Notes in Computer Science – LNCS vol. 8477, Springer, 158–73.
- Roozbeh Farahbod, Vincenzo Gervasi and Uwe Glässer. 2014. Executable formal specifications of complex distributed systems with CoreASM. Science of Computer Programming, Elsevier, 79, 1, 23–38.
Listing on the DBLP CS Bibliography Server.