- Contact Us
- See a Doctor
- See a Counsellor
- Find Support
Good physical health supports good mental health. Plan for adequate sleep, nourish your body with healthy food, and get active every day.
- Complete the Wellness Quiz to assess your physical wellness and be linked with useful resources both on- and off-campus
- Explore the range of health events led by the SFU Health Peers
Sleep is a critical part of our daily routine as it allows our body to repair itself, to process information, and to better cope with daily stressors.
- Try to go to sleep and wake up at the same time every day, even on weekends
- Create a dark and cool climate in your bedroom to help you fall asleep
- Monitor your sleep using a wearable device or phone
- Practice a relaxing bedtime ritual to signal your body and mind for sleep
- Avoid screen-time at least one hour before you plan to sleep
We need nutritious food to function at our best both physically and mentally.
- Make a meal plan at the start of each week
- Keep healthy snacks in your bag when out and about
- Prepare colourful meals to get a variety of nutrients
- Be a mindful eater by eating slowly and taking a break from work or study
- Attend a free Community Cooking workshop, led by the SFU Health Peers
Regular physical activity has been shown to have a strong, positive influence on mental well-being.
- Take a short walk break from work or study every hour or two to keep you energized, focused, and feeling your best
- Plan to do something active that you enjoy at least once this week. This could be a sport, bike ride, or a brisk walk with a friend
- Make use of the great recreation facilities and programs offered at SFU, including FitMix (free weekly fitness class), free yoga, and more
- Monitor your activity using a relevant app or trackable device
Faculty and staff
Are you looking for ways to help grow social connections in your classroom or workplace? Everyone at SFU can work to make our campus a healthy community. Learn how you can support well-being as a teacher or administrator.