Dates and Deadlines
Graduate students should be familiar with the information on graduate regulations and graduate fees contained in SFU's Academic Calendar.
Your outstanding fees must be cleared before registration begins for the new semester. (See How to make payments to the University). You may not carry balances from previous semesters.
Finally, all students pay mandatory Student Society fees. This enables you to participate in a range of benefits.
Take your printed Account Summary/Official Receipt to your local banking branch to pay your tuition fees like any other bill payment. If you have any questions about this service, check with your financial institution. Allow two to three days for the payment to be processed and recorded to your SFU student account.
Printing your Student Account Summary
- Log-in to the Student Information System with your computing ID.
- Scroll down to the Finances section.
- Click on the first link - Account Inquiry.
- On the new page, look to the right of Overall Balance and click on the blue link Downloadable Account Statement by Term.
- Use the drop down box to select the term of the Account Statement you wish to print.
- Click on the green GO button.
- The Run Status will be showing as Queued. Click on the yellow Refresh button (top right) periodically until the Run Status shows Success.
- Click on the blue link View PDF on the right (make sure your pop-up blockers are disabled).
- Print your statement on your printer and/or save it to your computer to print later.
See a sample Account Summary/Official Receipt.
Check the Student Information System for the most current schedule of courses and and enroll in the courses for the next term.
Please see the Withdrawals page for information regarding withdrawal and applicable refunds of tuition fees. Check the websites listed above for refunds for U-Pass BC and Graduate Health Plan fees.
You must inform Graduate Studies in writing, as well as your department if you are withdrawing from the semester and/or from your program.
If you are completing your degree requirements in this term, you will find the information on How to Apply to Graduate and Degree Completion very important. Please note that you must be registered in this semester in order to defend and/or to submit your thesis or project.
If you have specific questions please Submit a Ticket.