- Programs & Courses
- Student Resources
- SFU Morgan Centre
- TA/TM Portal
- Teaching-Instructor Portal
- Support us
news and events
Fall 2023 Undergraduate Award Applications Open!
We are now accepting appliations for the Labour Studies Program awards!
The Gary Campbell May Day Memorial Award
The Gary Campbell May Day Memorial Award, valued at $1,000, will be granted every year in any term, to an SFU undergraduate student on the basis of the following criteria:
- enrolled full-time in any faculty;
- in good academic standing (minimum 2.00 CGPA);
- demonstrated volunteerism/community service
- enrolled in a Labour Studies Course.
Preference will be given to those:
- with demonstrated community service; and/or,
- pursuing an approved Major, Minor or Certificate in Labour Studies; and/or,
- who are graduates of a School District #41 secondary school.
As part of the application package, students must include the following supporting documentation:
- a letter of reference verifying relevant community service/volunteer work; and,
- copies of all post-secondary transcripts.
The James Clark Undergraduate Award in Labour Studies
One award, valued at a minimum of $2,500, will be granted annually in any term to an undergraduate student who meets the following criteria:
- is enrolled full-time in a bachelor's degree program;
- is in good academic standing;
- is a BC Federation of Labour-affiliated union member or is a direct family member of a BC Federation of Labour-affiliated union member;
- is enrolled in or has been approved to enroll in a Labour Studies Major, Minor or Certificate Program in the Labour Studies Program in SFU's Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences; and
- submits a short essay of up to 750 words on the value of the labour movement in British Columbia.
Interested applicants please submit supporting documents to Terrence Yang at email@example.com no later than September 29, 2023 (Friday) at 4pm.
The award will be made by the Senate Undergraduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
Click here to read more about the awards.