- Workshops and Events
- Work and Volunteer Opportunities
- Resources and Support
- Faculty and Staff
Receive this Co-curricular Record!
Your career is not only one of the biggest factors shaping your life – it’s also one of your biggest opportunities to make a difference in the world. This can feel like a lot of pressure! But with so many big problems to solve in our communities and globally, how do you know where to begin?
This online co-curricular program will support you through exploring and taking action - whether you are starting your academic journey at SFU, in the middle of your degree, or looking towards your post-SFU career. You will earn recognition on your Co-Curricular Record and a Career Ready Changemakers - Certificate of Program Completion.
Students in the Career Ready Changemaker Program will:
- Learn 10 career building strategies for changemakers and map out your next steps
- Explore experience-boosting volunteer, paid work and entrepreneurial opportunities
- Identify potential future employers involved in sustainability and social impact work
- Activate new social innovation skills to help you contribute to a more just, sustainable future
- Attend skill-building workshops on topics such as resumes, networking, wellness during work search and applying to grad school
- Connect into the most helpful tools, resources and opportunities at SFU and beyond
- Think about career building and leadership critically through an anti-oppression lens
“The program allowed me to discover my mission statement...provided me with resources, and allowed me to build skills and confidence to be able to network like a pro.”
- Jaskiran Punni, 3rd year Biology Major, Health Sciences Minor
Is This Program for Me?
- Do you have a passion and desire to make positive social and environmental change?
- Are you an SFU student interested in exploring and building a changemaking career?
- Are you motivated to follow a self-directed program and track your progress?
Then this program is for you! Choose the program stream best suited to you:
|Career Building for Changemakers||Career Building for Changemakers - Global Perpsectives Stream|
|Designed for all students in any faculty or year of study||Designed for students with an international perspective, including international students, inbound exchange students, students returning from study or work abroad, refugee and newcomer students|
What’s the Commitment & Timeline?
- Plan to spend approximately 5 hours to complete all the components - in-person or virtual workshops, on-demand videos and reflective activities that can be done asynchronously on your own schedule
- All students complete the foundational Career Building for Changemakers Workshop, and you can choose from the other workshop topics that are most helpful to you
How Do I Join?
Please send an email to email@example.com to sign up for this program with "Career Ready Changemaker Program" in the title and your SFU email. Please indicate which program stream you would like to join. You will receive an invitation to a Canvas course!