- Workshops and Events
- Work and Volunteer Opportunities
- Resources and Support
- Faculty and Staff
One Fair. Endless Opportunities.
February 6 - 7, 2024 | 10AM to 4PM | Burnaby campus Aq & saywell Hall
The SFU Career Festival is open to all SFU students and alumni. Whether you are actively searching for work, exploring your career options, or simply wanting to join in some fun career themed activities, this event is for you!
- Discover career, co-op and volunteer opportunities from 95+ organizations
- Explore graduate school and professional development programs
- Connect with industry professionals from a wide range of industries and sectors
- Explore your strengths, skills and career direction through activities and games throughout the festival
- Discover programs and services at SFU that support your career journey
- Complete games and activities to win prizes!
List of Exhibtors
Don't miss the chance to explore over 100 booths at the festival. You will find different organizations on each day. Be sure to check the list of exhibitors and which days they are attending so you don't miss your favourite exhibitors!
Click here to see who's coming
BEFORE THE FAIR: How To Prepare
Get to know the organizations ahead of time. Research their websites and review their social media accounts for news and updates. Prepare questions! See the Exhibitors List above for the organizations, and the position(s) available.
The career festival is open to all students!
- First and second year students are encouraged to explore potential career paths for your major or degree! Think about future co-op and career opportunities, and look into volunteer roles on and off campus.
- Students in third or fourth+ years, graduate students, alumni and students seeking a co-op or career role
- These are industry professionals and recruiters from companies who are seeking talented individuals like you!
- Consult the Exhibitors List to find out what the organizations are looking for
Know Your Strengths
- Reflect on past experiences and coursework to identify strengths and skills. Be prepared to articulate them when asked
- Career and Volunteer Services Resources Page and "additional resources" below to help you prepare
- Book an appointment with a Career Educator at Career & Volunteer Services by calling 778-782-3106 *Note: due to volume, appointments may be after Career Festival
BEFORE: Evaluate The Organizations
Spend some time researching organizations before the festival, and whenever you are searching for opportunities. This will give you a sense of what is important to them, but will also help you determine if they are a good fit for you!
What makes a good fit?
Not only skills and qualifications, also consider these factors:
- Work Culture
- Vision and Values
- Mission Statement
- Business Model
- Clarity and Public Image on the organization
We do our best to ensure only registered organizations with existing appropriate licenses are in attendance.
Learn more about scams, and what to look out for to protect yourself from malicious jobs, scams and organizations:
DURING The Fair: Be Ready
First Impressions Matter
- Wear a Business Casual outfit, or at least make sure your clothing is clean and presentable
- Approach the tables and greet the representatives with a smile. Introduce yourself with confidence
- Be professional and genuine! Ask the questions you prepared beforehand!
Make It Last
- Extend the connection beyond the Fair by asking to connect on LinkedIn; ask for a business card
- Ask about their application process. Employers may have an online application process.
- If you prepared a resume and have done your research, ask if they are accepting resumes before giving it to them
Need help to get ready for the fair? We've got you covered! Click on the links below:
- Networking Canvas Course - Self Enroll here!
- Rehash your Resume Workshop - Watch the recording
- Career Building for Changemakers Workshop - Watch the recording and download workshop materials
- Applying for Grad School Workshop - Watch the recording
- Network Like a Pro: An Employer Panel - Watch the recording
- Visit OLC Career and Volunteer Services - Read articles for advice!
Important Event Dates
|Exhibitor List and Opportunities Released
10am - 4pm
Tue Feb 6 & Wed Feb 7
Visit AQ and Saywell Hall for the employers recruiting for volunteer, co-op and career opportunities. Explore your graduate school and professional development options. Learn more about the on-campus opportunities at SFU you can access to support your career development.
Complete games and activities with our Fair Ambassadors to help discover your strengths, skills and career direction, and win prizes!
Visit the Student Prep Zone to chat with Career Educators from Career & Volunteer Services for assistance with identifying your skills and strengths, and speaking to employers.
Questions? Contact Us!
Reach out to our front desk at SFU Career Services in MBC 0300, 778.782.3106 or email@example.com with subject "Career Fair"
Student Sign Up
If you would like to receive updates, reminders, and the link to the final exhibitor list, sign up below.