How do I access people?
Using the People page, you can get information on people, or users, in your course.
1. Click on your course.
2. In the course navigation sidebar, click on People.
3. After clicking the People link, you will see the list of people that are enrolled in the course. As an instructor, you can:
- View all users in the course, including ones who are pending (enrolled in course but not accepted Canvas invitation).
- Use the search bar to find a unique person in the course.
- Use the drop-down menu to filter out user roles. The filter will display the number of users in each role (e.g. Teacher, TA, Students).
- Resend course invites to users who have not yet accepted your invitation to the course. It will also tell you, the number of invitations which haven't been accepted.
- Manually add people to the course.
- View user groups in the course.
- Manage individual people in the course by clicking the gear beside the individual's name.
- View the student's display name plus their official name. (The display name shows up in brackets underneath their official name.)
, search for specific people using the search bar , use drop-down menu to view different user roles in the course , view user groups , and view registered services for course users .
Note: Students can only view other student names in the course.