How do I submit an online assignment?
Assignments in Canvas can be submitted using several submission types. Instructors can choose what kind of online submissions they want you to use. You have the option to resubmit assignments if your instructor allows. If you cannot see the "Submit Assignment" link, you instructor may want you to submit your assignment in a different way.
1. Click the Assignments link in the course navigation sidebar on the left hand-side.
2. Click the Assignments link to view all the assignments you have for that course.
Note: You can also access your Assignments through the Syllabus, Gradebook, Calendar, or Modules.
3. When you click an Assignment title, you will see a screen with assignment instructions. You may also see a rubric if your instructor has provided one.
4. Click the Submit Assignment link to submit your work. If you cannot see the Submit Assignment link, your instructor may not want you to submit your assignment online.
Your instructor will decide what kinds of submissions are appropriate for each assignment. In the case below, the instructor is allowing the student to use all submission types: upload file, submit a text entry, or enter a website URL. Not all file types may be available for your Assignment, depending on the assignment submission type set by your instructor.
5. To submit a file upload, click Choose File  or if you have already uploaded your assignment to Canvas and want to select it for your assignment submission, click the Click here to find a file you've already uploaded link .
4. To submit a text entry, type or copy and paste text into the Rich Content Editor. Click Submit Assignment. You can submit up to 16384 characters in the Text Entry field.
5. To submit a text entry, type or copy and paste text into the Rich Content Editor. ClickSubmit Assignment. You can submit up to 16384 characters in the Text Entry field.
6. To submit a website URL, type or copy and paste the URL into the Website URL field. Click Submit Assignment.
7. After you have submitted your work, you will see information in the Sidebar about your submission. If you choose, you may resubmit another version of your assignment using the Re-submit Assignment link. You will only be able to view the details of your most recent submission in the sidebar, but your instructor will be able to see all of your submissions.
Once your instructor has graded your submission, you will be notified via the channels that you specified in your Notification Preferences. You can also see details about your assignment and links to additional feedback in the Gradebook.