Prescription Opioid Misuse, Harms and Interventions
This project comprised of several research projects focusing both on North America and other global regions, key activities in this domestic and international program investigate:
- the epidemiology of non-medical prescription opioid use (NMPOU) in general and special risk populations;
- epidemiology and determinants;
- PO-related morbidity, mortality and burden of disease;
- PO diversion and NMPOU sources/supply routes;
- evidence-based prevention, treatment and policy interventions for PO harms.
Canadian Institutes of Health Research, Department of Justice, BC Ministry of Health