- Climate Solutions
- Urban Sustainability
- Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Access
- Reconciliation and Decolonization
- International Relations
- Health and Wellness
- Jack P. Blaney Award for Dialogue
- Bruce and Lis Welch Community Dialogue
- Strengthening Canadian Democracy
- Dialogue and Engagement: Dr. Mark Winston
- Doubling Down
- Consulting Services
- Your Voice. Your Home.
- Citizen Dialogues on Canada’s Energy Future
- Perspectives on Reconciliation
- CleanBC Job Readiness Workshops
- Royal BC Museum Modernization
- Establishing a Chinese-Canadian Museum
- Deep Cove Community Dialogue
- Delbrook Lands Community Dialogue
- Burnaby Business Recovery Task Force
- Past Clients and Partners
- Contact Us
- SEMESTER IN DIALOGUE
- SFU COMMUNITY
The Technical Report is a detailed overview of the Citizen Dialogues on Canada’s Energy Future process, providing a synthesis and evaluation of the process and outcomes.
Getting to 2050 - Citizens Recommendations
This report contains the results from the Citizen Dialogues on Canada's Energy Future, a major initiative of the Centre for Dialogue. The project marks the first ever cross-Canada deliberative dialogue where randomly selected citizens have advised the Government of Canada on energy policy. It was funded by Natural Resources Canada as part of the Generation Energy initiative.
Citizen Dialogues on Canada's Energy Future: Final Recommendations.
This discussion guide was independently prepared by Simon Fraser University’s Centre for Dialogue and funded under a contribution agreement from Natural Resources Canada. This guide is supported by background research and framing questions provided by staff at the SFU Centre for Dialogue.
Explainer Video (English)
This explainer video ccompanies the discussion guide and provides high-level information in audio and video formats.
Explainer Video (French)
Quel est l'avenir énergétique du Canada? Cette courte vidéo explicative décrit le contexte énergétique du Canada et offre différentes approches pour l'avenir.
Regional Summary Report (Download report)
Regional Dialogues video (YouTube, bilingual)
Regional Dialogue Reports
- British Columbia and Yukon: Vancouver, September 10-11
- Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Northwest Territories: Calgary, September 15-16
- Québec: Montreal, September 17-18
- Ontario and Nunavut: Toronto, September 22-23
- New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Labrador: Halifax, September 24-25
SFU President Andrew Petter delivers keynote address at Generation Energy forum (YouTube)
We commissioned Forum Research to undertake national opinion polling to set the baseline parameters for participant selection.
- Full results (Excel)
- Project proposal to Natural Resources Canada (English-only): The SFU Centre for Dialogue’s initial proposal for a series of deliberative dialogues on Canada’s energy future.
- Research materials used to inform discussion guide
- Eight characteristics of highly effective public engagement (English-only): This SFU Centre for Dialogue document outlines principles and best practices that have helped to inform project design and management.
- Recruitment methodology by Forum Research (English-only)
- Participant selection frame (English-only)
- Process design