- Consulting Services
- Your Voice. Your Home.
- Citizen Dialogues on Canada’s Energy Future
- Perspectives on Reconciliation
- CleanBC Job Readiness Workshops
- Royal BC Museum Modernization
- Establishing a Chinese-Canadian Museum
- Deep Cove Community Dialogue
- Delbrook Lands Community Dialogue
- Burnaby Business Recovery Task Force
- Shared Decision Making in British Columbia
- Past Clients and Partners
- Contact Us
- SEMESTER IN DIALOGUE
- SFU COMMUNITY
CleanBC Job Readiness Workshops
On December 5, 2018 the provincial governement released the CleanBC plan, an outline for how B.C will reduce carbon pollution and build a cleaner future. In 2019 the government initatied the development of a CleanBC Jobs Readiness Plan. The intention of this plan is to help workers, industry and businesses access the employment opportunities generated by CleanBC.
As part of the development of this plan, the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training and the Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy partnered with the SFU Morris J. Wosk Centre for Dialogue to host six public engagement events. The goal of these workshops was to gather input, feedback and ideas about CleanBC and job readiness. Particularly about how education and training opportunities can support people, including rural and remote communities, to access the opportunities CleanBC presents. The input will provide the foundation for CleanBC labour market planning over the next year.