Professor, School of Engineering Science
D.Eng., Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand, 1983
M.Eng., Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand, 1981
B.Sc. (Hon), University of Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka, 1977
- Nanomechanics and multi-scale modeling
- Adaptive (smart) materials and structures
- Fracture mechanics
- Solid Mechanics
- Computational Mechanics
- Engineering Analysis
Selected recent publications
- F. Khademolhosseni, A.S. Phani, A. Nojeh and R.K.N.D. Rajapakse (2011), Nonlocal continuum modeling and molecular dynamics simulation of torsional vibration of carbon nanotubes, IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology (in press).
- C. Liu and R.K.N.D. Rajapakse (2010), Surface energy incorporated continuum models for static and dynamic response of nanoscale beams, IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, Vol. 9, 422-431.
- M. Senousy, R.K.N.D. Rajapakse, D. Mumford and M. Gadala (2009), Self-heat generation in piezoelectric stack actuators used in fuel injectors, J. Smart Materials and Structures, Vol. 18, 045008.