Assistant Professor, School of Engineering Science
Postdoctoral Scholar: Computer Science, University of California, Los Angeles, USA, 2017
Ph.D., Computer Science, Fudan University, China, 2014
Visiting Ph.D., Computer Science, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, USA, 2014
B.Sc. Honors, Computer Science, University College Dublin, Ireland, 2009
B.Eng., Software Engineering, Fudan University, China, 2009
- Emerging workload characterization and optimization: especially for computational genomics, machine learning, and image processing
- Computer architecture: especially for heterogeneous and energy-efficient accelerator-rich architectures (ARAs), multicore and many-core architectures, memory systems and near data computing
- Compiler optimization: especially for improving memory system performance, and compiler support for the above architectures
- Big data computing system: especially for enabling FPGA accelerators in datacenter
- Performance evaluation and design automation: especially for architectural simulation, benchmarking, prototyping, and GPU-FPGA comparison
- Computer Architecture and Organization
- Programming for Heterogeneous Systems
- Digital System Design
Recently taught courses
- ENSC 251: Software Design and Analysis for Engineers
Selected recent publications
- Jason Cong, Zhenman Fang, Muhuan Huang, Peng Wei, Di Wu, Cody Hao Yu. Customizable Computing: From Single-Chip to Datacenters. To appear in Proceedings of the IEEE 2019 (PIEEE 2019).
- Peipei Zhou, Zhenyuan Ruan, Zhenman Fang, Jason Cong, Megan Shand, David Roazen. Doppio: I/O-Aware Performance Analysis, Modeling and Optimization for In-Memory Computing Framework. The 2018 IEEE International Symposium on Performance Analysis of Systems and Software (ISPASS 2018 Best Paper Nominee), Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK, Apr 2018, pp. 22-32.
- Jason Cong, Zhenman Fang, Michael Gill, Farnoosh Javadi, Glenn Reinman. AIM: Accelerating Computational Genomics through Scalable and Noninvasive Accelerator-Interposed Memory. The International Symposium on Memory Systems (MEMSYS 2017 Best Paper Award), Alexandria, VA, Oct 2017, pp. 3-14.
- Jason Cong, Zhenman Fang, Yuchen Hao, Glenn Reinman. Supporting Address Translation for Accelerator-Centric Architectures. The 23rd IEEE Symposium on High Performance Computer Architecture (HPCA 2017 Best Paper Nominee), Austin TX, Feb 2017, pp. 37-48.
- Muhuan Huang, Di Wu, Cody Hao Yu, Zhenman Fang, Matteo Interlandi, Tyson Condie, Jason Cong. Programming and Runtime Support to Blaze FPGA Accelerator Deployment at Datacenter Scale. The ACM Symposium on Cloud Computing (ACM SoCC 2016), Santa Clara, CA, Oct 2016, pp. 456-469.
- Chen Zhang, Zhenman Fang, Peipei Zhou, Peichen Pan, Jason Cong. Caffeine: Towards Uniformed Representation and Acceleration for Deep Convolutional Neural Networks. The 2016 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Computer-Aided Design (ICCAD 2016), Austin TX, Nov 2016, pp. 1-8.