MASc and PhD are research-based programs and applicants are expected to identify a Supervisor prior to admission. MEng is a course-based program. Applicants to the MEng program do not need to identify the Supervisor prior to admission. For current undergraduate students in the School of Engineering Science, we offer an accelerated master's BASc-MASc program.
Follow the application procedures to apply. Note that admission to our graduate programs is highly competitive. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission.
To qualify for admission to the MASc. program, a student must meet the University admission requirements and
- must have a Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in electrical engineering, computer engineering, engineering science or a related area
- must identify a faculty member willing to act as a supervisor.
To qualify for admission to the MEng program, applicants must meet the minimum university requirements for admission and have a Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in electrical engineering, computer engineering, engineering science or a related area.
English language waivers, conditional or qualifying admissions are never granted for this program.
To qualify for admission to the PhD program, a student must satisfy the University minimum admission requirements and
- must have a master's degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, physics, computer science or a related field
- have submitted evidence that he or she is capable of undertaking substantial original research in engineering science
- have identified a faculty member willing to act as a supervisor
We currently do not have specialties or concentrations. However, graduate studies at the School of Engineering Science can be done in any of the main program areas with respect to our Research Areas.
Please note we do not require GRE for all programs. In case of any inconsistency of information on this page, Graduate Studies office's admission requirement page will act as the final version.