Postodoctoral Fellow Position
SFU SARlab and the NSERC MDA CSA Industrial Research Chair for Synthetic Aperture Radar Technology (SAR IRC), techniques, and Applications are currently looking to fill a one year postdoctoral fellow PDF position with extension possibility up to two years.
The advertised PDF position encompasses research and publication in one or more of the following key fields of SARlab’s research program covering airborne, spaceborne, ground-based radar sensors and their various applications: (i) Advanced Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) signal processing methods (including SAR raw data focusing and InSAR); (ii) novel SAR sensor development; (iii) mmWave and microwave interaction with stationary and moving matter relevant to SAR (experimental and FDTD simulation); (iv) Deep Learning Methods for SAR image analysis and data fusion, and (v) Coupling geophysical models with InSAR for natural hazards monitoring. The PDF is expected to contribute to SARlab through co-supervision of grad students, help organizing the SARlab weekly meetings, and also provide some limited teaching support to the SAR IRC.
- The successful candidate should possess an electrical engineering, computing science, geophysics or physics degree and have an outstanding previous publication record in an area with relevance to SAR.
- Solid programming skills (including C++ and Python)
- Strong scientific writing skills and high motivation to produce publishable results
- A very good command of English, both spoken and written. Internet-based TOEFL (93 with minimum of 20 in each category), Paper-based TOEFL (580 and TWE 5), IELTS academic (overall band score of 7.0 of the academic (NOT general) test with a minimum of 6.5 in each section).
what we offer
- Competitive remuneration between CAD$50.000 and CAD$60.000 per year (before taxes) depending on experience.
- State-of-the-art equipment and facilities
If you are interested and think you are qualified for the position please send your CV together with a brief outline of your proposed research for the PDF to Prof. Bernhard Rabus email@example.com. This is to arrange for an opportunity for suitable candidates to give a 30 min presentation about prior research and research plan to the SARlab research group.