- Undergraduate Studies
- Graduate Studies
- Alumni Network
- News & Events
- Faculty & Staff Portal
Celebrating our 2021-2022 CGSM recipients
Congratulations to our five MA students who have won the 2021-2022 Canada Graduate Scholarship-Master's (CGSM) competition:
- Teddie Brock (“Listening to the Inaudible: Sound, Surveillance, and Contemporary Vancouver Poetry”)
- Tina Do (“Racialized Representations of Witchcraft in Nineteenth Century and Contemporary Literature”)
- Jacob Goldbeck (“The Epistemic Effects of the Black Death on Medieval English Literature”)
- Catherine Hogg (“Pretty Damned Wholesome: Wodehouse and What Warrants Study”)
- Felix Ruiz de la Orden (“Mapping East of Main: Aesthetic Struggle in the Field of Gentrification”)
The CGSM program's objective is to help develop research skills and assist in the training of highly qualified personnel by supporting students who demonstrate a high standard of achievement in undergraduate and early graduate studies.
In addition to recognizing the superior research and analytical skills and promise of the successful candidates, the Department of English would also like to thank all students who applied for the scholarship, applicants’ proposed supervisors and reference letter-writers, and faculty members who attended the virtual workshops.