Sample Job Postings
Here you can find some sample job postings provided by some ergonomics employers from varying organizations and companies.
These jobs are listed here to grant you an idea of what skills could be expected or required from you by the employers to work in this industry. The skills and qualifications listed in these are not only limited to them.
Ballard Power Systems Inc.
Job Title: Kinesiology Co-op
Ballard Power System requires a co-op student (4-month term) to assist in the development and improvement of the ergonomics program onsite. As well they will work with employees to develop gym and stretching programs onsite. This co-op will also be working with the team to identify and eliminate ergonomic hazards onsite, and working with people who are working from home to complete wellness assessments
- Assist with ergonomic job analysis and body mechanics analysis
- Create reports for ergonomic job analysis including recommendations for improvement
- Design and coordinate training programs
- Performs daily gym setup and cleanup, and ensures a clean and safe environment for all users
- Use innovation, creative solutions and employee empowerment to design and/or implement ergonomic interventions such as exercise programs, training and education
Students from the following disciplines are appropriate for this opportunity: Kinesiology
Key skills include:
- Strong oral and written communication ability
- Ability to build relationships and promote health engagement and ownership
- Ability to provide a safe and positive experience for Ballard Gym Users
- Ability to work in the lab or production floor, be very "hands on"
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders, facilitate and compile information
Job Title: Triage Representative, Disability Management Intake
Employee Experience - Workplace Health
The Triage Representative, Absence and Disability Management (ADM) works with members of the ADM team to ensure the integration of services that promote early and safe return to work for employees. The Triage Representative is the first point of contact for employees identified as being off work due to illness or injury related to occupational or non occupations incidents. The Triage Representative will collect information from the employee and determine how the ADM team can best support the employee. This role provides exposure working in the environment of a well established and busy health authority disability management team.
The Triage Representative will be required to:
- Engage in an initial Triage conversation with employees who are ill/injured.
- Apply eligibility criteria to determine offer of ADM services.
- Explain the expectations for enrolment in the Enhanced Disability Management program as per collective agreement provisions related to EDMP.
- Collect and chart initial disability information from the employee in WHITE database.
- Identifies the next phase of ADM involvement based on Triage information collected.
- Share self help resources and provide an overview of services available to the employee once enrolled in ADM services.
- Stay accountable to expected contact timeline and charting standards.
- Act as a general resource for inquiries to Workplace Health for information and/or assistance.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties such as preparing correspondence, monitoring reports, utilizing applicable software applications.
- 4th year of Kinesiology or related education with a solid understanding of musculoskeletal injuries and basic medical terminology.
- Interest in pursuing disability management.
- Strong communication skills.
Job Title: Ergonomic Consultant
Olymel S.E.C. /L/P. is a world class Canadian Pork product producer. The Red Deer division has more than 1600 employees and together they form a highly energetic and dedicated team. In a production type of environment, the Olymel Red Deer employees process on average 7200 hogs per day.
We are accepting resumes from kinesiology students to work in our plant located in Red Deer (Central Alberta) as Ergonomic Consultants.
In this exciting and challenging role, you will work closely with the Claims Coordinator and Health &Safety Coordinator with a primary focus on reviewing/revising/developing Physical Demands Analysis assessments for all positions within the plant. You will also assist the company with their Disability Management Program including reviewing, evaluating and making recommendations to Management on steps to reduce repetitive strain injuries. Main area of focus will be on teaching and encouraging stretching programs and providing information to employees on ergonomics. As we are a pork processing plant, interested candidates should be prepared to observe employees on production floors.
- Our ideal candidate should be a Kinesiology major.
- Energetic and friendly, as well as, have Microsoft Access, Excel and Word experience.
- Good communication skills are a must and knowledge of a second language would definitely be an asset.
- The ability to work under pressure and in a fast environment is crucial.
- Salary and hours to be determined.
Maple Ridge Physiotherapy and Pain Clinic
Job Title: Rehabilitation Assistant/Receptionist
Must have a valid Class 5 Driver's License and access to a vehicle
Maple Ridge Physiotherapy &PainClinic, a well-established, award-winning multidisciplinary clinic in Maple Ridge, is looking for 2 enthusiastic candidates to fulfill a dual role Rehabilitation Assistant / Receptionist position. We are a busy clinic looking for an individual that will bring a positive attitude to our team. Training is provided by the clinic.
- Ability to manage time responsibly by prioritizing and multi-tasking
- Have strong organizational skills
- Able to effectively work in a team
- Excellent customer service skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Able to handle a fast-paced environment / work well under pressure
- Physically fit (able to repetitively lift 30 lbs.
Rehabilitation assistant duties
To liaise with the physios in treatment plans for patients, escort the patient from the waiting room to the treatment bed, perform setup and removal of heat/cold packs and setup/removal of modalities (TENS, muscle stimulators, IFC, spinal decompression), preparation and cleanup of treatment beds, laundry, with occasional general office admin duties, stocking, and bathroom maintenance.
Greet patients, take/process payment, schedule appointments, call/receive phone calls, emails, filing, liaise with therapists and management.
LifeLabs Medical Laboratories
Job Title: Ergonomics Co-op
LifeLabs provides laboratory testing services, which helps physicians and other healthcare providers in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of disease and illness in patients. Our goal is to deliver caring, compassionate, quality service that contributes to enhanced patient care. We are looking for individuals who share our vision and values.
As a member of the Health &Safety team, you will be working with stakeholders to conduct ergonomic and safety assessments (virtually), provide ergonomic advice and assistance to H&S staff and operations. The successful candidate will possess the ability to communicate and interact professionally with all levels of the organization.
This position would work from home mostly, with some travel to the office, lab, or other site locations in the Vancouver and surrounding area.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Conduct virtual ergonomic site assessments and physical demands analysis (some local travel required on a limited basis).
- Provide ergonomic assistance and solutions to LifeLabs staff, operations and support personnel.
- Support return to work programs
- Support claims and modified duty program
- Prepare Physical Demands Analysis (PDAs) for new and existing job functions
- Provide Health and Safety technical assistance and advice to stakeholders.
- Prepare/create documents, reports and presentations
- Other duties as required
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and deliver results in a fast paced environment with changing and competing priorities
- Ability to work individually and independently, strong motivation to take initiative
- Able to display a positive attitude with a high level of professionalism
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Self motivated with excellent project management and problem solving skills
- Excellent computer skills with proven ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite products with exceptional skills in Excel and other statistical analysis software
- Knowledge of and experience in reviewing and interpreting legislation, standards and best practices
Alberta Health Services
Job Title: Workplace Health and Safety, and Ergonomics Support
The Ergonomics Co-op Student in the Workplace Health & Safety Services in the Human Resources portfolio is a professional position reporting to the Manager, WHS Services.
The position works with close direction and in concert with Manager, WHS Services to execute the established ergonomic programs and processes. The position provides advice and recommendations to clients within its specialty function and scope.
The position will interpret client needs, assess requirements and identify solutions to standard and non-standard issues and requests. The position works to ensure Alberta Health Services values, goals and principles are implemented and integrated in the delivery of services to client groups.
- Provide ergonomics consultation to employers and employees of AHS.
- Perform ergonomics field studies and assessments of workplaces, equipment, and jobs utilizing a variety of analytical techniques and methodologies.
- Develop and design appropriate control measures to remediate ergonomics problems in the workplace.
- Develop written reports for clients based on ergonomics work performed.
- Work in multi-disciplinary teams in the development, maintenance and enhancement of WHS policies, programs, processes, training, etc.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A minimum of Grade 12.
- Currently enrolled in Post-secondary program (Kinesiology, Human Kinetics, Occupational, Health & Safety).
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are desirable.
- The successful candidate must have a positive attitude, demonstrate professional image, exceptional customer service ability, be a strong team player, and be flexible with ability to adapt to change. Proficiency in various computer applications including word processing, data entry, email, and Internet access are required.
- A valid driver's license and reliable vehicle are preferred for the position.
Skill and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Fast and accurate data entry skills required.
- Ability to perform effectively in a team environment.
- Strong knowledge of computer systems and applications, specifically Microsoft Office, database management.
- Ability to deal with varied and diverse issues/groups/individuals.
- Ability to work quickly and independently.
- Analytical skills.
- Excellent customer service.
- BPK 180 and 381 will be assets
Job Title: Administrative Support - Human Factors Engineering
The student will contribute as an active team member by focusing on product development, professional development, and technical skill development.
The student will use Human Factors Engineering knowledge to contribute to a team designing and developing innovative medical devices that treat heart failure, in support of the company's strategic plan. This student will be expected to apply their human factors engineering principles, and bring a level of enthusiasm, positive outlook, and inquisitiveness as they participate on cross-functional teams to resolve usability problems. The student should have an affinity to learn and grow as they collaborate and support cross-functional team members from a wide range of Abbott departments in multiple geographic locations, as well as with external users of the devices, including clinicians and patients.
The duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Applies usability principles to the evaluation and solution of complex product design problems.
- Owns or assists with pre-defined tasks within a large program, such as use case specification, use FMEA, and/or usability studies, and drives them to on-time high quality completion.
- Gathers and analyzes use errors and issues for medical devices and translates these into specific system risk mitigations.
- Investigates and defines usability requirements for new product development
- Owns or assists with development of usability test methods and test execution (heuristic, formative, summative) to optimize the user experience.
- Produces documentation, reports and analysis that adheres to Abbott processes, FDA Guidelines for usability, and IEC Standards 62366 and 60601-1-6.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
The candidate will:
- Gain an understanding of the developing clinical environment (i.e. current treatment methods, evolving clinical needs, etc.).
- Gain an understanding of Abbott company policies, processes, and task assignments, as well as US/international requirements for usability in medical device development.
- Work with multiple internal R&D functions and geographic sites.
- 3.0 GPA or above
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
- Successfully completed at least two years of college coursework
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to maintain positive, professional, and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and users.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.