School of Mechatronic Systems Engineering
>> Looking for our Graduate Programs? Explore them here.
Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc)
Honours and minor degree options available
Where else can you combine mechanical, computer and electronic engineering into one degree? SFU is home to the only School of Mechatronic Systems Engineering in Western Canada. Our labs put classroom theory into practice, providing you with hands-on experience using the same equipment you will encounter in your future career.
With a rich entrepreneurial edge, our program features invaluable real-world experience and offers a unique Technology Entrepreneurship option. Our close-knit student cohort experience provides a supportive environment that encourages teamwork, communication, creativity, innovation and excellence.
- Direct admission, start studying as a Mechatronics major from the first day of classes
- One-year, paid co-operative education allows you to explore your career paths
- Close-knit community provides you direct access to labs and expert faculty
- Diverse engineering education prepares you for careers in biomedical, mechanical, robotic, electronic, systems, or computer engineering
- Accredited curriculum allows you to fulfill requirements to become a professional engineer
- Mechatronic Systems Engineering
- Mechatronic Systems Engineering and Business Double Degree
- Biomechanical Engineering
- Fuel Cell Systems
- Kinematics for Robotic Systems
- Machine Design
- Technology Entrepreneurship
Sample Career Fields
- Consumer Products
- Health Engineering
- Robotic Manufacturing
- Transportation and Automotive