School of Mechatronic Systems Engineering
>> Looking for our Graduate Programs? Explore them here.
Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc)
Honours, double degree and second-degree options available
SFU is home to the only School of Mechatronic Systems Engineering in Western Canada. This program combines the cyber and physical realms into technology that can be used for social good. Our labs put classroom theory into practice, providing you with hands-on experience using the same equipment you will encounter in your future career.
With a rich entrepreneurial edge, our program features invaluable real-world experience and offers a unique Technology Entrepreneurship option. Our close-knit student cohort experience provides a supportive environment that encourages teamwork, communication, creativity, innovation and excellence.
- Direct admission, start studying as a Mechatronics major from the first day of classes
- One-year, paid co-operative education allows you to explore your career paths
- Close-knit community provides you direct access to labs and expert faculty
- Diverse engineering education prepares you for careers in biomedical, mechanical, robotic, electronic, systems, or computer engineering
- Final year two-semester capstone in which you will develop a significant mechatronics project under the gudiance of a faculty member
- Accelerated master's option allows you to work toward a master's degree alongisde your undergraduate degree
- Accredited curriculum allows you to fulfill requirements to become a professional engineer
- Mechatronic Systems Engineering
- Mechatronic Systems Engineering and Business Double Degree
AgriTech - Study the state-of-the-art agricultural technologies within the mechatronic systems engineering program
- Apply the designation within your degree
- Complete two co-op work terms related to the field of agriculture
- Complete five courses in the field, including integrating biology and engineering technology, looking at precision agriculture, bioprocess and biosystems engineering
Sample Career Fields
- Consumer Products Exoskeletons
- Health Engineering
- Robotic Manufacturing Transportation and Automotive
- Fuel Cell Systems
- Kinematics for Robotic Systems
- Machine Design
- Mechatronics Design
- Technology Entrepreneurship
Dr. Woo Soo Kim and Mechatronics students used their 3D printing skills at the onset of the pandemic to create more comfortable personal protective equipment for medical professionals.