Case Studies on Corporations and Global Health Governance
1. Introduction. Kenworthy NJ, MacKenzie, R and Lee, K.
2. Governing through Production: A Public-Private Partnership’s Impacts and Dissolution in Lesotho’s Garment Industry. Kenworthy, NJ.
3. Medicalisation and Commodification of Smoking Cessation: The Role of Industry Actors in Shaping Health Policy. MacKenzie, R and Hawkins, B.
4. The Influence of Food Industry on Public Health Governance: Insights from Mexico and the United States. Scott, AC, Knai, C.
5. Examples of Failures to Regulate Mining and Smelting Emissions and their Consequent Effects on Human Health Outcomes. Taylor, MP and George, S.
6. Informal Channels of Corporate Influence on Global Health Policymaking: A Mapping of Strategies Across Four Industries.
Suzuki, E and Moon, S.
7. How Corporations Shape our Understanding of Problems with Gambling and their Solutions. Cassidy, R.
8. Corporate Manipulation of Global Health Policy: A Case Study of Asbestos. Calvert, J.
9. The Entrenchment of the Public-Private Partnership Paradigm in Global Health Governance. Stevenson, M.
10. Trade and Investment Agreements: The Empowerment of Pharmaceutical and Tobacco Corporations. Schram, A and Labonté, R.
11. Health Policy, Corporate Influence and Multi-Level Governance: The Case of Alcohol Policy in the European Union. Holden, C and Hawkins, B.
12. Tobacco Industry Strategies to Influence Global Tobacco Governance in Three Asian Countries. MacKenzie, R and Lee, K.
13. A Proposed Approach to Systematically Identify and Monitor the Corporate Political Activity of the Food Industry with Respect to Public Health Using Publicly Available Information. Mialon, M, Swinburn, B and Sacks, G.
14. Regulating Baby Food Marketing: Civil Society Vs Private Sector Influence. Wagner-Rizvi T.
15. Communities, Controversy and Chevron: Epidemiology in the Struggle over Contamination of the Ecuadorian Amazon. Brisbois, B.
16. Citizens United, Public Health and Democracy: The Supreme Court Ruling, its Implications and Proposed Action. Wiist, WH.
17. Conclusion. Kenworthy, NJ MacKenzie, R and Lee, K.