- Jennifer Fang. China’s tobacco industry is building schools and no one is watching. The Conversation. 11 August 2019.
Reprinted by SBS Australia 17 August; Tobacco companies in China are opening schools, and the Chinese welcome it, The Print
(New Delhi) 15 August; Een tabaksfabrikant die een basisschool sponsort: in China is het normaal, Mondiaal Nieuws (Belgium);
たばこ会社が教育を支援「喫煙大国」中国の危ない実情 Newsweek Japan 27 August 2019.
- Benoît Gomis. How Paraguay dumps billions of illicit cigarettes on the global market. The Conversation 16 December, 2018.
Reprinted in National Post 17 December, 2018.
- Julia Smith, Ben Hawkins, Jappe Eckhardt, Ross MacKenzie. Big Tobacco's opposition to plain packaging is spin,
not substance. The Conversation, 23 September 2018: reprinted in The National Post 24 September; The Huffington Post
The Hamilton Spectator, The Niagara Falls Review and tvo.org 25 September.
- Ross MacKenzie. Myanmar’s public health could go up in smoke: Big Tobacco returns following the lifting of sanctions.
Asian Correspondent 27 June, 2018.
- Julia Smith . "It's time for Malawi to quit tobacco". The Conversation. 30 May 2018.
- Kelley Lee. Stephanie Nixon. “Commentary: Canada has an opportunity to lead the G7 on global health equity,”
Toronto Star, 27 February 2018.
- Benoît Gomis. What does the Trump era mean for drug policy in Latin America? World Politics Review 28 March 2017.
- Ross MacKenzie. Four reasons the Australian government should consider litigation against tobacco companies.
The Conversation 20 November 2017.
- Ross MacKenzie. Podcast; Legal does not mean unaccountable: Suing tobacco companies to recover health care costs.
Medical Journal of Australia. 20 November 2017.
- Ross MacKenzie. Champix’s effectiveness is questionable and safety record is concerning.
The Conversation. 24 November 2017.
Ross MacKenzie, Ben Hawkins. How e-cigarettes could ‘health wash’ the tobacco industry
The Conversation 1 December 2016.
- Tomas Novotny research press release: Cigarette Butt Pollution Project, World Environment Day:
Addressing Cigarette Butt Waste, San Diego. 5 June 2014.
- Thomas Novotny. Time to kick cigarette butts – they’re toxic trash. New Scientist. 25 June 2014.
- Wayne Hall, Ross MacKenzie. Viewpoints: should Australia lift its ban on e-cigarettes?
The Conversation 27 August 2014; Australian Doctor 28 August 2014.
- Kelley Lee. News analysis. Canada:Twisting the legacy name. Tobacco Control. September 2014; 23(5):372-3.
- Ross MacKenzie, Benjamin Hawkins, Thomas Novotny. Health risks of nicotine cast doubt on ‘safer’ e-cigarette.
The Conversation 18 November 2014; Australian Doctor 19 November 2014.