Professor, School of Mechatronic Systems Engineering
Area of expertise: Micro- & Nano-systems; Sensors; Sensor signal processing
Post-doctorate, Mechanical Engineering, Cambridge University, UK, 2007
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Manitoba, Canada, 2006
M.Sc., Electrical Engineering, University of Manitoba, Canada, 2001
B.Sc., Electronics Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Iran, 1999
- Micro- and nano-systems
- Sensor signal processing
- Sensors and Actuators
Recently taught courses
- MSE 251: Electronic Circuits
- MSE 311/711: Introduction to MEMS
- MSE 210: Engineering Measurement and Data Analysis
- MSE 490: Integrated Additive Mechatronic Manufacturing
- MSE 811: Microdevice Characterization
Selected recent publications
- M. Kanygin, A.P. Joy, and B. Bahreyni, “Localized mechanical actuation using pn junctions”, Nature Scientific Reports, vol. 9:14885, no. 1, pp. 1–9, Oct. 2019.
- F. Edalatfar, B. Yaghootkar, A.Q. Ahsan Qureshi, S. Azimi, A. Leung, and B. Bahreyni, “Development of a micromachined accelerometer for particle acceleration detection”, Journal of Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, vol. 280, pp. 359–367, Sep. 2018.
- M.A. Kanygin, M. Shafiei, and B. Bahreyni, “Electrostatic twisting of core-shell nanofibers for strain sensing applications,” ACS Applied Polymer Materials, vol. 2, no. 11, pp. 4472–4480, Nov 2020.
- F. Xia, F. Campi and B. Bahreyni, "Tri-mode capacitive proximity detection towards improved safety in industrial robotics," in IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 5058-5066, Jun 2018.
- D.H. Zhuo, A. Rai, S.V. Grayli, G.W. Leach, and B. Bahreyni, “A micromachined vector light sensor”, Journal of Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, vol. 311, p. 112045, Aug 2020.