Associate Professor, School of Mechatronic Systems Engineering
Post-doctorate, Mechanical Engineering, Cambridge University, UK, 2007
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Manitoba, Canada, 2006
M.Sc., Electrical Engineering, University of Manitoba, Canada, 2001
B.Sc., Electronics Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Iran, 1999
- Microelectromechanical systems (MEMS)
- Micro- and nano-sensors
- Micro- and nano-fabrication technologies
- Sensor signal processing
- Analog circuit design
- Microfabrication technologies
- Analysis and design of microdevices
- Microelectronic and electronic circuits
Recently taught courses
- ENSC 226 Electronic circuits
- ENSC280 Engineering Measurement Techniques and Statistics
- ENSC 331 Introduction to MEMS
- ENSC 430 Applied electronic circuits
- ENSC 893 Modelling and characterization of microdevices
Selected recent publications
- B. Bahreyni, Fabrication and design of resonant microdevices, Elsevier, 2008.
- J.E-Y. Lee, B. Bahreyni, and A.A. Seshia, “An axial strain modulated double-ended tuning fork electrometer”, Journal of Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, vol. 148, no. 2, pp. 395–400, Dec 2008.
- B. Bahreyni, G. Wijeweera, C. Shafai, and A. Rajapakse, “Analysis and design of a micromachined electric field sensor”, IEEE/ASME Journal of MicroElectroMechanical Systems, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 31–36, Feb 2008.
- M.S. HajHashemi and B. Bahreyni, “A novel signal processing method for analysis of perturbations in arrays of coupled resonators”, Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems, Transducers '11, Beijing, China, June 2011.
- M.A. Rasouli and B. Bahreyni, “Electrostatic tuning and improving of quality factor for a high-Q torsional micro-resonator”, Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems, Transducers '11, Beijing, China, June 2011.