Professor, School of Mechatronic Systems Engineering
Fellow, Canadian Academy of Engineering
Burnaby Mountain Chair
Ph.D., Cornell University, United States, 1988
B.Sc., Worcester Polytechnical Institute, United States, 1982
M.Sc., Worcester Polytechnical Institute, United States, 1982
- Application of Intelligent Sensor Systems to:
- Biomedical Systems
- Automotive Systems
- Condition Monitoring and Diagnostics
- Smart Materials and Actuators
- Vibration and Control
- Dynamics and Control
- Nonlinear Dynamics and Vibration
Recently taught courses
- ENSC 282-3 Kinematics and Dynamics of Rigid Bodies and
- ENSC 384-4 Mechatronics Design II
- ENSC 383-4 Feedback Control Systems
- ENSC 441-3 Capstone Design Project 1
- ENSC 442W-3 Capstone Design Project 2
- ENSC 800 -3 Nonlinear Vibrations
Selected recent publications
- Vahid-Araghi, O, Golnaraghi, M.F. (2010), Friction-Induced Vibration in Lead Screw Drives, Springer Science+Business Media, LLC., 1st Edition., Hardcover, ISBN: 978-1-4419-1751-5.
- Golnaraghi, M.F., and Kuo, B., (2009), Automatic Control Systems, 9th edition, ISBN 0978-0-470-04896-2, John Wiley and Sons, Second print 2010, Third print 2011.
- Mansour, H., Arzanpour, S., and Golnaraghi, M.F., (Accepted June 2011), “Design of a Solenoid Valve Based Active Engine Mount,” Journal of Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing.
- Ebrahimi, B., Khamesee, M.B., and Golnaraghi, M.F., (2011), “A hybrid electromagnetic shock absorber for active vehicle suspension systems,” Vehicle Sys. Dynamics, doi: 10.1080/00423110903401871, Volume 49 Numbers 1–2 January–February 2011, pp. 311-332.
- Parnian, N. and Golnaraghi, M.F., (2010), “Integration of a Multi-Camera Vision System and Strapdown Inertial Navigation System (SDINS) with a Modified Kalman Filter,” Sensors, 10, 5378-5394; doi:10.3390/s100605378.