- President’s Distinguished Community Leadership Award
Please join us for the annual appreciation BBQ
One of my favourite parts of my job is getting to connect with the people who make our SFU community so special.
Whether it's a conversation with a student in the AQ, hearing about exciting new research from a faculty member or an unexpected run-in with a colleague in Strand Hall, it's the connection we have with each other that creates such a vibrant culture here on campus.
And that’s why I am especially looking forward to this year’s annual employee appreciation BBQ—it’s a chance to step away from our work, enjoy delicious food, relax on the grass by the reflecting pond and reconnect with each other after so much time apart.
The BBQ is also a chance for me to thank you in person for how hard you’ve worked to support our students, fellow employees and the communities we serve. Each one of you has made incredible contributions, and I want to thank as many of you as I possibly can, so I’m writing today to say: please join us!
The annual appreciation BBQ will take place on Wednesday, July 20th, between noon and 2 p.m. I encourage you to put it in your calendar and take time out of your day to attend.
Bring your whole team and encourage your coworkers to come meet new friends, reunite with old ones and catch up on all that we’ve missed over the past two years.
- SFU is aiming to make this a zero-waste event. All materials provided are compostable or recyclable. Please bring a refillable bottle or mug for water.
- Buses will be provided for Vancouver and Surrey employees to and from Burnaby campus. If you aren’t able to bus, please consider other sustainable transportation, like carpooling, transit or cycling.
- Free parking will be available in the North Lot between 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. for employees from Surrey and Vancouver campuses.
- We’re expecting sun, so consider bringing a blanket, lawn chair, hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
I can’t wait to see you there.
President and Vice-Chancellor
Simon Fraser University