Transforming Employment Narratives: Refugee Claimants and Equity in the Workplace
Equity + Justice, 2023, Future of Work
Please note this agenda is subject to change.
1:30 PM — Doors Open: Networking and Refreshments
2:00 PM — Event Begins and Opening Presentation by Mohammed Zaqout
3:00 PM — Break
3:15 PM — Panel Discussion moderated by Nada El Masry
4:10 PM — Audience Group Discussions facilitated by Camille Dumond
4:45 PM — Concluding Remarks
The SFU Morris J. Wosk Centre for Dialogue is located at 580 W. Hastings St (enter via Seymour Street courtyard entrance) and is located a brief walk from Waterfront station and numerous bus stops. Plan your trip with TransLink’s Trip Planner.
- Bike stalls are available outside the Hastings entrance of SFU Harbour Centre (located across the street). Nearby parking is available at 500 & 400 W. Cordova St.
- Washrooms are located on the lower level, second, third, and fourth floors. The venue has a gender-neutral washroom, available on the second floor (use the hallway to the right).
- The venue is wheelchair and walker accessible, with elevators and fully accessible washrooms. The chairs within Asia Pacific Hall have armrests, with the seat measuring 50cm (w) x 48cm (d).
If you have any questions about this event’s accessibility, technology requirements, or privacy, please connect with us at email@example.com.
Our community guidelines are intended to ensure the safety of all guest speakers and event participants, and to foster honest, socially accountable dialogue at our events. Thank you for respecting these guidelines!
- Above all, there will be zero tolerance for those who promote violence or discrimination against others on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, or disability. Anyone who incites harm towards other participants (whether through chat, video, audio or otherwise) will be removed at the discretion of our technical team and moderator.
- Don’t assume pronouns/gender/knowledge based on someone’s name or appearance. Please refer to people using the usernames and/or pronouns they provide.
- Take space, make space: share your perspective, and make space for other voices to be heard too. Recognize that we are all here to learn.