Holding Space: A Community Engagement Toolkit
Holding Space is the result of a decade of learning in collaboration with our partners within the university and the community. We are incredibly grateful for every opportunity to grow and develop in relationship with others. Interested in working together? Reach out!
Here are some of the principles and methods for community engagement that we discuss in depth in the toolkit:
Principles of community engagement
- Serving SFU’s academic and research mission
- Commitment to capacity building
- Everything in partnership
- Embedding intersectionality and acknowledging power structures
- Commitment to reconciliation
Methods of community engagement
- Accessible and inclusive programming and communications
- Student engagement
- Staffing and key roles
- Evaluating and reporting on impact
This toolkit was made possible with the generous support of the Jarislowsky Foundation.