On this page:
- Kuali Protocols
- Training videos and quick guides
- Frequently Asked Questions - System
- Secondary use of existing data, or human biological materials (including skeletal remains)
- Preview of Application Questions
SFU uses a customized commercial system called 'Kuali Protocols' to manage applications. The software is a module of a larger system - 'Kuali Research' - that will be fully implemented through 2022. Note that various emails and prompts from the system will come from non-SFU addresses.
Training videos and quick guides
Quick guides and in-depth training videos are now available to assist the following user groups:
Frequently Asked Questions - System
Please visit our FAQ page for more information.
Secondary use of existing data, or human biological materials (including skeletal remains)
Secondary use refers to the use in research of information or human biological materials (including skeletal remains) originally collected for a purpose other than the current research purpose/project.
To make an application for secondary use, please click yes to the secondary use question in the ethics application form. You must include the following documents in your ethics application when applying for secondary use:
1. A letter or email from the data custodian giving you permission to use their dataset for your project.
2. Your TCPS2 CORE Tutorial Certificate
Preview of Application Questions
Before starting a new research ethics application, it can be helpful to see the sorts of questions the application will ask. Please use the PDFS below to help build drafts of applications or share with team members or students. This resource has been built to show as many questions as possible for the common application structures. Please note that the PDFs illustrate the full extent of the logic of the form, so they may be longer than the application you create for your project. Also, this resource does not display the hover-over guidance text available within the application.
- Behavioural Application
- Behavioural Exclusively Secondary Use of Information Application
- Clinical Application
- Clinical Exclusively Biorepository or Registry Application
- Previously Approved at Another TCPS2 Compliant Institution Behavioural Application
- Request for Exemption Application
- Course Ethics Application