- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- BPK Co-op
- Financial Aid
- Forms & Resources
- Careers/Professional Resources
- News and Events
- Support BPK
Graduated from SFU in 2015
MHA (Master of Health Administration)
MPT (Master of Physical Therapy)
Additional Credentials: Co-op
Dave is currently the Manager of Health & Safety at Vancouver Coastal Health.
Dave's work largely focuses on identifying, analyzing, and reducing workplace injuries. Specifically, he specializes in musculoskeletal injuries. Dave manages a team of PTs, OTs, and nurses to ensure that all healthcare workers have a safe place to work and thrive!
1) What is your current position? What does a typical work day look like for you?
I am a physiotherapist by training and currently work as the Manager of Health & Safety at Vancouver Coastal Health. My day involves attending a lot of meetings! I develop strategies and initiatives to reduce and mitigate MSK injuries in the workplace
2) How did your education in BPK influence your career?
BPK led to a vested interest in health and wellness. Eventually, this interest led to a passion to create safe and productive workplaces for healthcare workers.
3) Who in BPK had an impact on you and why?
Dave Clarke. His mentorship and guidance over the years has had a lasting impact on me as a professional, and as an individual.
4) What is your favourite memory of your time at SFU as an undergraduate?
Sun Run with the Clarke Lab!
5) What advice would you give to today’s BPK student?
BPK's curriculum and scope can be broadly applied to numerous settings and industries. Be open and curious to all opportunities - you never know where you'll end up!