- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- BPK Co-op
- Alumni Scholarships for Students in Kinesiology
- The Craig Asmundson BPK Engagement Award
- The Harold Hancheroff Memorial Scholarship in Sports Education
- Dr. Josephine Anthony Award in BPK
- National Bank Financial Award
- The Nihal Singh Ras Undergraduate Bursary
- Stephen Harold Edward Herring Award
- Undergraduate Travel and Minor Research Awards in BPK
- The BCAK - Craig Asmundson Undergraduate Bursary in Kinesiology
- Forms & Resources
- Careers/Professional Resources
- News and Events
- Support BPK
A major or honours in Kinesiology provides students with an extensive understanding of human structure and function and their relation to health and movement. Students may choose from the general program or complete the optional concentration in Active Health and Rehabilitation.
The general program offers students the greatest flexibility in tailoring their undergraduate degree to future career paths. The Active Health & Rehabilitation concentration encompasses health and wellness promotion, fitness appraisal, counseling and programming in addition to clinical kinesiology and exercise rehabilitation. Our Kinesiology major, honours, and concentration programs are accredited with the Canadian Council of University Physical Education and Kinesiology Administrators (CCUPEKA), and recognized by the British Columbia Association of Kinesiologists (BCAK).
Course work in both areas will emphasize physiology, anatomy, fitness and health assessment, practical experience in the development of fitness & wellness programs, occupational ergonomics, nutrition, study of the physiological responses to acute & chronic work and exercise, and theories, models and intervention strategies in health behaviour & promotion.