- International Camps
- About Us
Volunteering for SFU Camps offers practical experience in a safe and fun environment. Volunteers will get an opportunity to work with children and youth, build leadership skills, meet new people and have a rewarding summer as part of SFU Athletics & Recreation!
SFU Camps recognizes outstanding volunteers, provides reflective evaluations and confirmation letters. We also provide career workshops and the top volunteers are encouraged to apply to become camp instructors in future years!
Volunteers for Summer 2019
Application Opens: January 14, 2019
Application Deadline: April 21, 2019 at 11:50pm
Interviews: April 27, 10:00-11:45am | April 27, 1:00-2:45pm | April 30, 6:00-7:45pm | May 1, 6:00-7:45pm
Training: June 18 & 19, 2019
Got questions? Visit our Volunteer FAQ page!
3 Key Steps to Becoming a SFU Camps Volunteer
1. Submit Your Online Application
- Application opens January 19, 2019 and closes on April 21, 2019 at 11:50pm.
- We will not require you to submit a resume this year.
2. Attend a Group Interview
- Select candidates will be invited to attend an in-person group interview.
- You must be able to attend one of the four group interview dates listed above.
- We do not conduct Skype or phone interviews.
3. Submit Your Availability
- Candidates will be asked to provide their summer availabilities, which will be assessed by a member of the Administrative Team.
- Successful candidates will be offered a position with SFU Camps.
For all volunteer inquiries, please contact:
Head Programmer of Volunteers
We aim to provide a response to all inquiries within 2 business days.
Please include "2019 Volunteer Inquiry - Your Name" in the subject line of your email.