- Camp Info
- About Us
Volunteering for SFU Camps offers practical experience in a safe and fun environment. Volunteers will get an opportunity to work with children and youth, build leadership skills, meet new people and have a rewarding summer as part of SFU Camps & Youth Programs!
SFU Camps recognizes outstanding volunteers, provides reflective evaluations and confirmation letters. We also provide career workshops and the top volunteers are encouraged to apply to become camp instructors in future years!
A huge thank you to all our volunteers from our Summer 2022 season. You all make a such a positive contribution to our programs and we hope to see many of you back for Summer 2023!
Volunteer Summer 2023
Application Period: February 10, 2023 - April 17, 2023 at 11:59 PM
Interviews: Expected late April (applicant must attend ONE interview session)
Training: Expected June 28 and 29 (applicant must attend ONE training session)
All dates and times are subject to change.
*This position is contingent upon approval from Public Health Authorities and Simon Fraser University*
Lead Volunteer Summer 2023
Please refer to the job description linked below to learn more about this position.
Status: OPEN until March 31st, 2023
Training: Expected late June, 2023
3 Key Steps to Becoming a SFU Camps Volunteer
1. Submit Your Online Application
- Application are expected to open on February 10, 2023 and close on April 17, 2023
- Once you sucessfully submit your application, you will arrive to the 'Thank You' page.
2. Attend an Online Interview
- We will be holding an online interview to facilitate all applicants to the best of our abilities.
- Select candidates will be invited to attend one of the interview sessions.
- You will receive further information regarding the interview in the invitation email.
- You will be asked to submit your summer availability during this stage.
*If you have any questions or concerns about the process, please contact us*
3. Submit Forms and Attend Training
- Select candidates will be offered a tentative volunteer position with SFU Camps.
- We will ask you to submit a Criminal Record Check (or affidavit if applicable) at this point and fill out other logistical forms.
- You must complete and submit an online training module AND attend ONE in person training session before your position can be confirmed.
For all volunteer inquiries, please contact:
We aim to provide a response to all inquiries within 2 business days.
Please include "2023 Volunteer Inquiry - Your Name" in the subject line of your email.
F T I