- Camp Info
- About Us
Volunteering for SFU Camps offers practical experience in a safe and fun environment. Volunteers will get an opportunity to work with children and youth, build leadership skills, meet new people and have a rewarding summer as part of SFU Camps & Youth Programs!
SFU Camps recognizes outstanding volunteers, provides reflective evaluations and confirmation letters. We also provide career workshops and the top volunteers are encouraged to apply to become camp instructors in future years! Check out our volunteer appreciation video for National Volunteer Week 2020 here!
A huge thank you to all our volunteers from our Summer 2021 season. You all make a such a positive contribution to our programs and we hope to see many of you back for Summer 2022!
Lead Volunteers for Summer 2022
Please refer to the job description linked below to learn more about this position. To apply, select Apply now and follow instructions on that page.
Interviews: Expected late October 2021
Training: Expected late June, 2022
*This position is contingent upon approval from Public Health Authorities and Simon Fraser University*
Volunteers for Summer 2022
Application Opens: Expected February, 2022
Application Deadline: Expected April 24th, 2022 11:59pm
Interviews: Expected May, 2022 (Must complete a modified interview through an online platform)
Training: Expected late June, 2022. Time: Evening/Virtual
All dates and times are subject to change.
*This position is contingent upon approval from Public Health Authorities and Simon Fraser University.
Follow us on social media @sfucamps
Got questions? Visit our Volunteer FAQ page!
3 Key Steps to Becoming a SFU Camps Volunteer
1. Submit Your Online Application
- Application are expected to open in February 2022 and close on April 24, 2022
- We will not require you to submit a resume this year.
- Once you sucessfully submit your application form you will receive a confirmation email.
2. Attend an Online Modified Interview
- Select candidates will be invited to attend an interview through an online platform.
- You will receive further information regarding the interview throughout the application process
3. Submit Your Availability
- Candidates will be asked to provide their summer availabilities, which will be assessed by a member of the Administrative Team.
- Successful candidates will be offered a position with SFU Camps.
Lead volunteers are responsible for providing additional assistance to staff, volunteers, and campers. Each week lead volunteers will be assigned a group of camps in which they will be responsible for overseeing with the help of the Administrative Team. This role is best suited for someone who is looking to build on their leadership abilities, mentor a diverse group of individuals as well as taking on additional responsibilities.
For all volunteer inquiries, please contact:
We aim to provide a response to all inquiries within 2 business days.
Please include "2021 Volunteer Inquiry - Your Name" in the subject line of your email.