More events coming soon!
More events coming soon!
- Motion Within Motion: Artist Talk with Azadeh Emadi & Laura U. Marks, 10 May 2018, 6pm, grunt gallery
- Creative Algorithms: From Islamic Art to Digital Media, with Dr. Laura U. Marks, 23 May 2018, 6PM, Harbour Centre
- The Shari'a: History, Ethics and Law Book Launch with Dr. Amyn B. Sajoo, 24 May 2018, 7PM, Harbour Centre
- Petro Cities, Futurism, & Ecological Disasters in the Arabian Peninsula with Dr. Omar AlShehabi, 9 May 2018, SFU Harbour Centre.
- Digital Middle East: The Unfulfilled Promise of the Information Revolution with Dr. Mohamed Zayani, 1 May 2018, 6PM, SFU Harbour Centre.
- EMMA Talks: Feminist Muslim Voices, ft. Dr. Amina Wadud & dialogue installation with Maisaloon Al-Ashkar, Hannah Ali, and Sarah Munawar and Opening Quran recitation by Seemi Ghazi, 3 May 2018, 7PM, Djavad Mowafaghian World Art Centre
- SFU Department of History 2017-2018 Lecture Series: The Rise of Extremism: Violence, Victims, Extremism: the Political Crises of Our Time. 6 April 2018, 6:30 PM with Amal Ghazal, Roxanne Panchasi, Lauren Faulkner Rossi, Jennifer Spear, Joseph Taylor, & Aaron Windel
- Being Muslim: In the Context of Anti-Muslim Racism, 29 March 2018, 6:30-8:30 PM, Harbour Centre
- Decolonial Solidarity, 15 March, 2018, 6-8PM, Harbour Centre
- Who Are We, Where Are We Headed? The Art of Heritage with Dr. Amyn Sajoo and Farouk Noormohamed, 17 March 2018, 2:30PM, The Ismaili Centre Burnaby. Free with promo code for SFU students, contact email@example.com
- Community Conversation Series, Being Muslim: On Unceded Territory, 18 March 2018, 1-5PM, Harbour Centre
- Dr. Leif Stenberg: Loyalty, Repression and War: Sufism in Contemporary Syria, 12 March 2018, 6PM, SFU Habour Centre
- Manifold Destiny: Lebanese at an American Crossroads, by Dr. John Tofik Karam, 8 March 2018, 7PM - A part of our Annual Lecture Series
- Political Prisoners in Israeli Jails: A conversation with Sahar Francis and Sobhi al-Zobaidi, March 5, 3-5PM, Harbour CentreIntroduction to Arabic Calligraphy & Islamic Geometric Design. 18 February 2018, 2PM
- "Why Did Matteo Ricci of the Society of Jesus Lie about the Muslims of China? China, Europe, and Their Islamic Worlds in the 16th Century, by Dr. Zvi Ben-Dor Benite, 22 February 2018, 7PM - A part of our Annual Lecture Series
- Workshop on Citizenship, Islam and Identity, 6 May 2017.
- A seminar for researchers: "Good Politics in Translation: Race, Gender and the Ethics of Arabic Literary Translation" by Dr. Hartman, 10 March 2017
- ALS 2016-17: "How Can a French Novel Speak Arabic? Lebanese Women's Writing and the Politics of Language," by Dr. Michelle Hartman, Thursday, 9 March 2017, 7 PM.
- "The Anti-Armenian Riots of 1895-1896," by Edip Golbasi, 28 November 2016.
- "A Statement of Identity? The Ka'ba in the Development of Early Islam" a public lecture in celebration of the publication of Islamic Studies Today: Essays in Honor of Andrew Rippin by Dr. Gerald Hawting, 26 November 2016.
- Call for Papers: The 9th Annual MEICON-BC Student Conference, Submit your abstract by January 31, 2017.
- "Wood and Food: How and Why to Build Ships in Ottoman Suez" a seminar for faculty members, research scholars, and students by Dr. Alan Mikhail, 4 November 2016
- ALS 2016-2017: Iceland, Egypt, Istanbul, Climate, by Dr. Alan Mikhail, 3 November 2016 7 PM.
- "Nation Making in the Early Soviet Union: Uzbekistan Reconsidered,"by Dr. Adeeb Khalid, 20 October 2016, 5:15 PM.
- ALS 2016-2017: "Remembering Devotion: Oral History and the Pilgrimage to Mecca from Southeast Asia" by Dr. Eric Taglicozzo, September 22, 2016
To receive email updates about Upcoming Events and Centre-related news, please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and request to be added to the CCMS email list