Journal articles, commentaries and reports
- Lee K, Freudenberg N. Public Health Roles in Addressing Commercial Determinants of Health. Annual Review of Public Health 2022;43:1
- Chan L, El-Haddad N, Freeman B, MacKenzie R et al. Evaluation of ‘Shisha No Thanks’ - A Codesign Social Marketing Campaign on the Harms of
Waterpipe Smoking. BMC Public Health 2022;22:386.
- Lee K, Freudenberg N, Zenone M, Smith J et al. Measuring the Commercial Determinants of Health and Disease: A Proposed Framework. International Journal of Health Services 2022;52(1):115-128.
- MacKenzie R, Wallbank L, Freeman B, Winstanley MH. The environmental impact of tobacco use. In Greenhalgh, EM, Scollo, MM and Winstanley, MH (eds). Tobacco in Australia: Facts and issues. Melbourne: Cancer Council Victoria; 2021.
- MacKenzie R, Freeman B, Winstanley MH. The environmental impact of tobacco production. In Greenhalgh, EM, Scollo, MM and Winstanley, MH. (eds).
Tobacco in Australia: Facts and Issues. Melbourne: Cancer Council Victoria; 2021.
- Carriedo A, Koon AD, Encarnación LM, Lee K, Smith R, Walls H. The political economy of sugar-sweetened beverage taxation in Latin America: lessons from Mexico, Chile and Colombia. Global Health 2021; 17(5).
- PILAR Tobacco Project Team. Promoting Indigenous Led Action on Respecting Tobacco. Faculty of Health Sciences, Simon Fraser University, 2021.
- Zenone M, Silva D, Smith J, Lee K. How does the British Soft Drink Association respond to media research reporting on the health consequences of sugary drinks? Global Health 2021; 2;17(1):72.
- MacKenzie R. Commentary. Foreign corporations and the coup in Myanmar: The case of British American Tobacco.
Asia and the Pacific Policy Forum 4 March, 2021.
- Freudenberg N, Lee K, Buse K, et al. Defining Priorities for Action and Research on the Commercial Determinants of Health: A Conceptual Review.
American Journal of Public Health 2021;111:2202-2211.
- Lee K, Smith J, Thompson S. Engaging Indigenous peoples in research on commercial tobacco control: a scoping review. AlterNative 2020; 16(4) 332–355.
- MacKenzie R, Lee. PMI’s proxy trade dispute with Thailand. Tobacco Control 2020;29:e143-e144
- Smith J, Fang J. ‘If you kill tobacco, you kill Malawi’: Structural barriers to tobacco diversification for sustainable development. Sustainable Development. 2020; 1-9.
- Thompson S, Smith J, Lee K, Thompson S. Industry sponsored harm reduction conference courts Indigenous peoples in Canada. Tobacco Control
- Smith J, DeSouza L, Fang J. Eastern Africa’s tobacco value chain: links with China. Third World Quarterly 2020; 41(7): 1161-1180,
- Lee K. Freudenberg N. Editorial. Addressing the commercial determinants of health begins with clearer definition and measurement. Global Health Promotion, 2020;27(2). Also available in French and Spanish.
- Fang J, Yang G, Wan X. ‘Pro-tobacco propaganda’: a case study of tobacco industry-sponsored elementary schools in China. Tobacco Control 2020;29:447-451.
- Lee K, Crosbie E. Understanding Structure and Agency as Commercial Determinants of Health; Comment on “How Neoliberalism Is Shaping the Supply of Unhealthy Commodities and What This Means for NCD Prevention”. International Journal of Health Policy and Management 2020;9(7):315-318.
- Novotny TE. Environmental accountability for tobacco product waste. Tobacco Control 2020;29:138-139.
- Thompson S, Smith J, Lee K, Thompson S. Industry sponsored harm reduction conference courts Indigenous peoples in Canada. Tobacco Control 30 May 2020.
- MacKenzie R, Fang J, Smith J. Blog China’s e-cigarette manufacturers facing uncertain future. Tobacco Control 19 May 2020.
- Fang J, De Souza L. Smith J, Lee K. “All Weather Friends”: How China Transformed Zimbabwe’s Tobacco Sector. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 2020, 17:723.
- Novotny TE, van Schalkwyk May CI. How Should Physicians in Low- and Middle-Income Countries Regard Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems to Facilitate Smoking Cessation? AMA Journal of Ethics. 2020;22(2):E82-92. doi: 10.1001/amajethics.2020.82.
- Novotny TE. Environmental accountability for tobacco product waste. Tobacco Control 2020;29:138-139.
- Freeman B, MacKenzie R. Electronic cigarette legislation in Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United States: A Report for the Heart Foundation NSW. January 2020.
- van Schalkwyk MCI, Novotny TE, McKee M. Editorial. No More Butts BMJ 23 October 2019;367:l5890.
- MacKenzie R, Fang J, Smith J. China: CTI’s quiet expansion strategy should be a concern for global public health.
Tobacco Control Blog 12 October 2019.
- Fang J, Lee K. PMI-funded Foundation for a Smoke-Free World adding insult to injury
Tobacco Control Blog 26 September 2019.
- Fang J, Smith J. Should tobacco play a role in China’s international development model? East Asia Policy Forum 23 August 2019.
- Fang J. China: Tobacco and Belt and Road Initiative – the new ‘Go Global’? Tobacco Control 1 August 2019.
- Xu EG, Richardot WH, Li S, Buruaem L, Wei H-H,. Dodder NG, Schick SF, Novotny T et al. Assessing Toxicity and in Vitro Bioactivity of Smoked Cigarette Leachate Using Cell-Based Assays and Chemical AnalysisChemical Research in Toxicology 2019, 32(8):1670-1679
- Stigler Granados P, Fulton L, Nunez Patlan E, Terzyk M, Novotny TE. Global Health Perspectives on Cigarette Butts
and the Environment. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 2019, 16(10):1858.
- Lee K. How China became a cigarette superpower. Review of Korhman et al, Posionous Pandas: Chinese Cigarette Manufacturing
in Critical Historiocal Perpsectives (Stanford University Press, 2018) The Lancet 2019; 313:1290-91.
- Hawkins B, Holden C, Mackinder S. (2018). A multi-level, multi-jurisdictional strategy: Transnational tobacco companies'
attempts to obstruct tobacco packaging restrictions. Global Public Health 14;4:570-583.
- Novotny TE. Environmental accountability for tobacco product waste. Tobacco Control. 2019 May 30.
[Epub ahead of print]
- Smith J, Lee K. Corporate interests within transnational advocacy networks: The International Coalition
Against Plain Packaging. Global Networks 8 April 2019.
- Luxton N.A., MacKenzie R, Shih P (2019). Smoking Cessation Care in Cardiothoracic Surgery: A Qualitative
Study Exploring the Views of Australian Clinicians.Heart, Lung and Circulation 28(8):1246-1252.
- Mathers A, Hawkins B, Lee K. (2019). Transnational tobacco companies and new nicotine delivery systems (NNDS):
A new phase in tobacco industry globalization. American Journal of Public Health.
- Smith J, Thompson S, Lee K. (2019). ‘Both Sides of the Argument’? A critical review of existing evidence on
the illicit trade in tobacco products in Canada. Tobacco Control doi: 10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2018-054687.
- Maddox R, Waa A, Lee K, Nez Henderson P, Blais G, Reading J, Lovett R (2018). Commercial tobacco and indigenous peoples:
a stock take on Framework Convention on Tobacco Control progress. Tobacco Control 28 (5):574-581.
- Lee K, Eckhardt J (2018). "A “win-win situation overall”: lessons from tobacco industry influence of the negotiation of the North American Free Trade Agreement". Tobacco Induced Diseases 16(1):51.
- Thomas DP et al. (2018). Australian researchers oppose funding from the Foundation for a Smoke‐Free World. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health 42(6): 506-507.
- Hawkins B, Ettelt, S. (2018) The strategic uses of evidence in UK e-cigarettes policy debates. Evidence & Policy: A Journal of Research, Debate and Practice, 15(4): 579-596.
- Iglesias R, Gomis B, Carrillo Botero N, Shepherd P, Lee K (2018). From transit hub to major supplier of illicit cigarettes to Argentina and Brazil: the changing role of domestic production and transnational tobacco companies in Paraguay between 1960 and 2003. Globalization and Health 14:111.
- Gomis B, Lee K, Carrillo Botero N, Shepherd P, Iglesias R (2018). “We think globally”: the rise of Paraguay’s Tabacalera del Este as a threat to global tobacco control. Globalization and Health 14:110.
- Eckhardt J, Poletti A. Introduction: Bringing Institutions Back in the Study of Global Value Chains. Global Policy 2018; 9: 5-11
- Eckhardt J, Lee K. (2018). Global Value Chains, Firm Preferences and the Design of Preferential Trade Agreements. Glob Policy 2018; 9: 58-66.
- MacKenzie R, Mathers A, Hawkins B, Eckhardt J, Smith J (2018). The tobacco industry's challenges to standardised packaging: A comparative analysis of issue framing in public relations campaigns in four countries. Health Policy; 122(9):1001-1011.
- Hawkins B, Holden C (2018). European Union implementation of Article 5.3 of the Framework Convention on Tobacco Control. Globalization and Health.
- Clark J, Hussain S, Slawecki E, Lawley S, Greenwood M, Hatcher-Roberts J, Lee K (2018). "Canadian Women in Global Health #CWIGH." The Lancet 392(10142):121-122.
- Gomis B. (2018). Measuring “Success” in Countering Terrorism. Canadian International Council 66:1.
- Ettelt S, Hawkins, B. (2018). Scientific Controversy, Issue Salience, and E-Cigarette Regulation: A Comparative Study of Policy Debates in Germany and England. European Policy Analysis, 4(2):255-274.
- Hanefeld J, Hawkins B. (2018). NCDs - it’s time to embrace the evidence, not industry. BMJ blog 12 July.
- MacKenzie R. (2018). Myanmar’s public health could go up in smoke: Big Tobacco returns following the lifting of sanctions. APPS Policy Forum 12 June.
- Hawkins B, McCambridge J. (2018). Can internal tobacco industry documents be useful for studying the UK alcohol industry? BMC Public Health 18:808.
- Smith J, Lee K. (2018). From colonisation to globalisation: a history of state capture by the tobacco industry in
Malawi. Review of African Political Economy 45 (156):186-202.
- MacKenzie, R. (2018). “An example for corporate social responsibility”: British American Tobacco’s response to criticism of its Myanmar subsidiary, 1999-2003." Asia and the Pacific Policy Studies 5;2.
- Eckhardt J, Curran L. (2018). Influencing trade policy in a multi-level system – understanding corporate political activity in the context of global value chains and regime complexity. Business and Politics 20;1:132-164.
- McCord G, Novotny T (2018). The benefits of taxing cigarettes in middle income countries. BMJ 361:k1433.
- Hawkins B, MacKenzie R. (2018). Tobacco industry investment in electronic nicotine delivery devices: an evolving strategy. Tobacco Control Blog, 3 May.
- Marten R, Hawkins B. (2018). Partnering over the limit: The Global Fund's brewing crisis. The Lancet 28 April.
- Hawkins B, Ettelt S. (2018). The strategic uses of evidence in UK e-cigarettes policy debates. The strategic uses of evidence in UK e-cigarettes policy debates. Evidence & Policy: A Journal of Research, Debate and Practice March.
- McCambridge J, Mialon M, Hawkins B. (2018). Alcohol industry involvement in policy making: A systematic review. Addiction. Online 15 March.
- Marten R, Hawkins B. (2018). Stop the toasts: the Global Fund's disturbing new partnership.The Lancet, 9 February.
- Nixon SA, Lee K, Bhutta ZA, Blanchard J, Haddad S, Hoffman SJ, Tugwell P. (2018). Canada's global health role: supporting equity and global citizenship as a middle power. The Lancet Canada: global leadership on health 24 February.
- Marten R, Hawkins B. (2018). Stop the toasts: the Global Fund's disturbing new partnership.The Lancet, 9 February.
- Holden C, Hawkins B (2018). Law, market building and public health in the European Union. Global Social Policy 18(1):45–61.
- Brown MD, Bergmann JN, Novotny TE, Mackey TK. (2018). Applied global health diplomacy: profile of health diplomats accredited to the United States and foreign governments. Globalization and Health 14:2.
- MacKenzie R, Eckhardt J, Prastyani A (2017). “Japan Tobacco International: To be the most successful tobacco company in the world’.” Global Public Health.
- Lee K, Gong L, Eckhardt J, Holden C, Lee S (2017). “KT&G: from Korean monopoly to “a global name in the tobacco industry.” Global Public Health.
- Eckhardt J, Fang J, Lee K (2017). “The Taiwan Tobacco and Liquor Corporation: to ‘join the ranks of global companies’.” Global Public Health
- MacKenzie R, Ross H, Lee K (2017). “'Preparing ourselves to become an international organization: Thailand Tobacco Monopoly's regional and global strategies.” Global Public Health
- Lee K, Eckhardt J. (2017). “The globalization of Asian tobacco companies: A comparative analysis.” Global Public Health.
- Curran, L. & Eckhardt, J. (2017). "Smoke screen? The globalization of production, transnational lobbying and the international political economy of plain tobacco packaging". Review of International Political Economy.
- Fooks G, Smith J, Lee K, Holden C (2017). “Controlling Corporate Influence in Health Policy Making? An Assessment of the Implementation of Article 5.3 of the World Health Organization Framework Convention on Tobacco Control.” Globalization and Health.
- Thornton M, Hawkins B. (2017). “Between a rock and a hard place: Economic expansion and social responsibility in UK media discourses on the global alcohol industry.” Social Science & Medicine.
- Jawad M, Darzi A, Loutfi T, Nakkash R, Hawkins B, Akl E. (forthcoming). "Waterpipe product packaging and labelling compliance with Article 11 of the Framework Convention of Tobacco Control at the 3rd International Hookah Fair: a cross-sectional analysis." Journal of Public Health Policy.
- Holden C. (2017). "Graduated sovereignty and global governance gaps: Special economic zones and the illicit trade in tobacco products." Political Geography.
- Freeman B, MacKenzie R, Daube M. (2017). "Should tobacco and alcohol companies influence the Australia National Drug Strategy?" Public Health Research & Practice 27(2):e2721714.
- Smith J, Thompson S, Lee K (2017). "Death and taxes: The framing of the causes and policy responses to the illicit tobacco trade in Canadian newspapers." Cogent Social Sciences.
- Curran, L. & Eckhardt, J. (2017). "Influencing trade policy in a multi-level system – understanding corporate political activity in the context of global value chains and regime complexity." Business and Politics.
- MacKenzie, R., Legresley, E., & Daube, M (2017). “Legal does not mean unaccountable: Suing tobacco companies to recover health care costs.” Medical Journal Australia. 207(10):419-421.
- Gomis B, Lee K, MacKenzie R (2017). “A missed opportunity: The US Helsinki Commission hearing on the illicit tobacco trade in the OSCE region,” Tobacco Control.
- Smith R, Lee K. Global health governance: we need innovation not renovation. BMJ Global Health 2017.
- Lee K, Eckhardt J. Looming threat of Asian tobacco companies to global health. The Lancet 289(10083):1958-1960. May 2017.
- Bialous S, Curtis C, Geist H, et al. Tobacco and its environmental impact: An overview. Geneva: World Health Organization, (2017).
- Gomis B. (2017). What does the Trump era mean for drug policy in Latin America? World Politics Review, 28 March.
- Gomis B. (2017). With marijuana legal, Uruguay should heed lessons from the illitic tobacco trade. World Politics Review, 2 August.
- MacKenzie R (contributing author). Mid-term review of the National Tobacco Strategy 2012-2018. Canberra: Department of Health. Health Policy Analysis Pty Ltd, Sydney.
- MacKenzie, R. (2017). JTI’s ongoing acquisition, delayed innovation. Tobacco Control 2017; 26:615.
- Gomis B. Beware of Tobacco Industry Funding: How transnational tobacco companies are rebranding themselves as legitimate policy actors on illicit trade. Canadian international council 1 December, 2017
- Submission by the Global Tobacco Control Programme, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver. Consultations on the Future of Tobacco Control in Canada, Health Canada. 8 April 2017.1. Gomis B. (2017). What does the Trump era mean for drug policy in Latin America? World Politics Review, 28 March.
- Smith J, Thompson S, Lee K (2016). “‘Public Enemy No. 1’: HIV/AIDS and tobacco industry funding,” Journal of Social Aspects of HIV/AIDS.
- Curtis C, Novotny T, Lee K, Freiberg M, McLaughlin (2016). “Tobacco industry responsibility for butts: a model tobacco Waste Care Act,” Tobacco Control.
- MacKenzie, R and Collin J. (2016). “’A preferred consultant and partner to the Royal Government, NGOs, and the community’: British American Tobacco’s access to policymakers in Cambodia.” Global Public Health.
- Hawkins B, Holden C, Eckhardt J, Lee K (2016). “Reassessing policy paradigms: A comparison of the global tobacco and alcohol industries,” Global Public Health.
- Hawkins B, Holden C (2016). "A corporate veto on health policy? Global constitutionalism and investor-state dispute settlement," Journal of Health Politics, Policy and Law.
- Smith J, Thompson S, Lee K (2016). “The Atlas Network: a ‘strategic ally’ of the tobacco industry”. International Journal of Health Planning & Management.
- LeGresley E, Lee K (2016). “An analysis of British American Tobacco’s use of privilege and protected document claims at the Guildford Depository,” Tobacco Control.
- Lee K, Eckhardt J, Holden C (2016). “Tobacco industry globalization and global health governance: towards an interdisciplinary research agenda”. Palgrave Communications.
- Smith J, Mallouris C, Lee K, Alfven T (2016). “The role of civil society organizations in monitoring the global HIV/AIDS response”. AIDS and Behaviour.
- Weishaar H, Dorfman L, Freudenberg N, Hawkins B, et al. (2016). “Why media representations of corporations matter for public health policy: a scoping review.” BMC Public Health.
- Lee K (2016). “Business as usual: a lack of innovation in global health governance.” International Journal of Health Policy Management.
- Smith K, Collin J, Hawkins B, Hilston S, Moore L (2016). “The pursuit of ignorance.” BMJ.
- Lee K, Novotny T, Carrillo Botero N (2016). “Manage and mitigate punitive regulatory measures, enhance the corporate image, influence public policy': industry efforts to shape understanding of tobacco-attributable deforestation". Globalization and Health
- Smith J, Lee K (2016). “Protecting the plain packaging consultation from tobacco industry interference.” CMAJ.
- Lee K, Eckhardt J (2016). “The globalization of the tobacco industry in Asia: A framework for analysis,” Global Public Health.
- Fang J, Lee K, Sejpal N (2016). “The China National Tobacco Corporation: From domestic to global dragon?” Global Public Health.
- Wallbank L, MacKenzie R, Beggs PJ (2016). “Environmental impacts of tobacco product waste: international and Australian policy responses.” Ambio.
- Smith J, Lee K. Protecting the plain packaging consultation from tobacco industry interference. CMAJ : Canadian Medical Association Journal. 2016;188(14):E340-E341.
- Gomis B, Carrillo Botero N (2016). Sneaking a smoke: Paraguay’s tobacco business fuels Latin America’s black market. Foreign Affairs.
- Lee K, Fang J (2016). Challenges and opportunities for Taiwan’s global health diplomacy. Taiwan-U.S. Quarterly Analysis, Brookings Institution, Center for East Asia Policy Studies.
- Smith J (2016). Both sides of the argument? JTI-Macdonald’s anti-plain packaging spin in Canada. BMJ Blogs.
- MacKenzie R, Rogers W. (2016). "Letter to the Editor: New Study Raises Questions about Effectiveness of Nicotine Replacement Therapy". Public Health Ethics.
- Zobrist S, Neudorf M, Lee K, Tairyan K. Strengthening SFU's Smoking and Tobacco Control Policy: Towards a healthier, cleaner, safer university. SFU Smoking Policy Committee/Tobacco Free SFU; 2016.
- MacKenzie R, Rogers W. "Reply to Ackerman. Response to Mackenzie/Rogers Article on RACGP Smoking Cessation Guide". Public Health Ethics 9(1):121-122.
- Wallbank L, MacKenzie R, Freeman B, Winstanley, MH. 10.16 The environmental impact of tobacco use. In Scollo, MM and Winstanley, MH [eds]. Tobacco in Australia: Facts and issues. Cancer Council Victoria; 2016. http://tinyurl.com/z4jeh2d
- MacKenzie R, Freeman B, Winstanley MH. 10.14 The environmental impact of tobacco production. In Scollo, MM and Winstanley, MH [eds]. Tobacco in Australia: Facts and issues. Cancer Council Victoria; 2016. http://tinyurl.com/zpov9yb
- MacKenzie R, Rogers W (2016). “New insights into smoking cessation and nicotine replacement therapy.” Journal of Clinical Epidemiology.
- Koon A, Hawkins B, Mayhew S (2015). Framing and the health policy process: A scoping review. Health Policy and Planning
- Lee K (2015). "Revealing power in truth: Comment on “Knowledge, moral claims and the exercise of power in global health." International Journal of Health Policy and Management, 4(4): 257-259.
- Lee K, Fooks G, Wander N, Fang J (2015). “Smoke rings: Towards a comprehensive tobacco-free policy for the Olympics,” PLoS One 10(8):e0130091.
- MacKenzie R, LeGresley E, Lee K(2015). "To ‘enable our legal product to compete effectively with the transit market’: British American Tobacco’s strategies in Thailand following the 1990 GATT dispute". Global Public Health.
- Petticrew M, Lee K, Ali H, Nakkash R (2015). "Fighting a Hurricane: Tobacco Industry Efforts to Counter the Perceived Threat of Islam". American Journal of Public Health.
- MacKenzie R, Rogers W (2015). "Potential conflict of interest and bias in the RACGP’s smoking cessation guidelines: are GPs provided with the best advice on smoking cessation for their patients?" Public Health Ethics.
- Novotny T (2015), "Editorial: The tobacco endgame: is it possible?" PLoS Medicine 12(5): 31001832.
- Jawad M, Nakkash R, Akl E, Hawkins B (2015). "Waterpipe industry products and marketing strategies: analysis of an industry trade exhibition." Tobacco Control.
- Jawad M, Nakkash R, Hawkins B, Akl E. (2015). "Gaining insights into the waterpipe tobacco industry: participant observation and a cross-sectional survey or products at a trade exhibition". Nicotine & Tobacco Research.
- Eckhardt J, Poletti A (2015). "The politics of global value chains: import-dependent firms and EU-Asia trade agreements." Journal of European Public Policy.
- Eckhardt J (2015). "Support for International Trade Law: the EU and the US compared". International Journal of Constitutional Law.
- Javadian S, Stigler-Granados P, Curtis C, Thompson F, Huber L, Novotny T (2015). "Perspectives on tobacco product waste: Survey of FCA members on knowledge, attitudes and beliefs". International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health.
- Hendrickson EM, Novotny TE, Soares ECC, Sereno AB, Kiene SM (2015). "HIV/AIDS, TB, and Tobacco in Brazil--A syndemic that calls for integrated interventions". Cadernos de Saude Publica (Brazil).
- Novotny T, Bialous SA, Burt L, Curtis C, da Costa e Silva V, Igtidar U, Liu Y, Pujari S, d’Espaignet E (2015). "The environmental and health impacts of tobacco growing, product manufacturing and post-consumption waste." Bulletin of the World Health Organization.
- Eckhardt J, Holden C, Callard C (2015). "Tobacco control and the World Trade Organisation: Mapping member states’ positions after the Framework Convention on Tobacco Control." Tobacco Control.
- Pang T, Lee K, et al (2015). "Yes We Can! The Raffles Dialogue on Human Wellbeing and Security". Lancet Global Health 3: E496-E500.
- Colombini M, Mayhew SH, Hawkins B, Bista M, Joshi SK, Schei B, Watts C (2015). "Agenda settingand framing of gender-based violence in Nepal: how it became a health issue". Health Policy & Planning.
- Gomis B, Carrillo Botero N. Behind Drugs’ Glare, Paraguay’s Illegal Cigarette Trade Flourishes. World Politics Review, 1 October.
- Novotny TE. A way to relate to others, review on Smoking Privileges: Psychiatry, the Mentally Ill, and the Tobacco Industry in America, by L.D. Hirshbein. The Social History of Alcohol and Drugs.
- Gomis B, Carrillo Botero N. (2015). The Empire of Smoke. Cigarette smuggling and organized crime in Paraguay. IHS Jane's Intelligence Review.
- Lee K, Pang T. Asia and the Pacific: Health policy challenges of a region in transition Asia and the Pacific Policy Studies 2015; 2 (2):211–213.
- Eckhardt J, Elsig M. Support for international trade law: The US and the EU compared, International Journal of Constitutional Law 2015;13:966–986.
- Gomis B, Carrillo Botero N. (2015). Marijuana seizure in Paraguay highlights underreported issue of cigarette smuggling. World Politics Review.
- Lee K, Kamradt-Scott A (2014). "The multiple meanings of global health governance: a call for conceptual clarity". Globalization and Health.
- Curtis C, Collins S, Cunningham S, Stigler P, Novotny TE (2014). "Extended Producer Responsibility and Product Stewardship for Tobacco Product Waste." International Journal of Waste Resources 4: 157.
- Hawkins B and Jim McCambridge (2014). "Industry Actors, Think Tanks, and Alcohol Policy in the United Kingdom." American Journal of Public Health.
- Smyser J, Novotny T, Shanna Dayan, Tim Rodwell “Toxic Butts”: Key Performance Indicators from a California Statewide Social Media Campaign for Tobacco Control. British Journal of Medical Research 2014; 4(25): 1-10.
- Lee K (2013). "Health policy in Asia and the Pacific: Navigating local needs and global challenges". Asia and the Pacific Policy Studies 1(1).
- Lee K, Pang T (2013), "WHO: Retirement or reinvention?" Public Health.
- Lee SY, Holden C, Lee K (2013), "Are transnational tobacco companies market access strategies linked to economic development models? A case study of South Korea". Global Public Health, 8(4): 435-448.