Welcome to the Faculty of Science
“Microscopic” improvements yield big gains in SFU’s research capabilities January 18, 2019
Imagine what a single nerve cell looks like under a microscope. Now imagine how it might look if...
Evolutionarily isolated Amphibians less likely to leave the forest December 13, 2018
Humans are changing the planet, and all species are affected; there are winners and losers.
Putting the salmon into salmonberry December 11, 2018
The effects of salmon-derived nutrients on the stomatal density of salmonberry leaves.
SFU prof’s worldwide influence on sharks and rays research leads to accolade and a new conservation program December 04, 2018
It has been a good week for both marine conservation and Nick Dulvy, SFU professor of biological...
SFU team leads $12-million effort to expand system of worldwide health research databases November 29, 2018
The European Commission and the Canadian Institutes of Health Research have announced more than $12...
Join our Faculty
- Tier I Canada Research Chair in Statistics and Actuarial Science and CANSSI Scientific Director
- Tier 2 Canada Research Chair in Experimental Particle Physics
- Faculty position in Bioinformatics & Genomics
- Faculty position in Membrane Biology
- Faculty position in Environmental Microbiology
- Assistant Professor in Statistics
Click here for more Faculty of Science events.