- About Us
- Equity & Inclusion
- Interviewing 101
- Effective Intercultural Communication
- Job Search Success
- English as an Additional Language
- Indigenous Co-op Blog ↗
- Accessibility Resource
- iBelong ↗
- Find Support ↗
- Contact Us
- CEO for a Day 2021
- Other Opportunities
- Grants and Awards for Students
- Giveaways and Activities
India Student Mobility Award
The India Student Mobility Award provides financial assistance to SFU students undertaking studies or participating in an experiential learning opportunity in India. Experiential learning opportunities include exchange partners, field schools, projects, or co-op partners in India.
Who is Eligible?
Selection and funding is based on a demonstrated need for assistance associated with travel-related costs such as:
- Ground and air transportation
- Medical immunization
- Visa fees
Selection and funding will also be dependent on how the experiential learning opportunity relates to applicant’s career goals and/or academic studies.
How to Apply?
Important Note: Please apply early (at least one semester prior to departure)
Download the application form and submit it in-person or online to:
Work Integrated Learning (WIL)
Maggie Benston Centre 1150
Simon Fraser University
8888 University Drive
Completed applications must be accompanied by a photocopy of a valid Indian government issued travel permit, visa, or passport.
- Students will be responsible for obtaining necessary visa/work permit or other documentation prior to travelling.
- Students receiving this award will be required to participate in the Bridging International Learning (BIL) program run through the International Co-operative Education program, regardless of whether the program is a Co-op placement.
Read about past student experiences in India on the SFU OLC.