- About Us
- Contact Us
- Equity & Inclusion
- About Us
- Student Support
- Staff Support
- Employer Support
- LEARN AND EARN ↗
- GENERAL SFU EDI Support ↗
- Equity & Inclusion (Redirect to JEI)
- CEO for a Day 2021
- Other Opportunities
- Grants and Awards for Students
- Giveaways and Activities
One World Scholarship
The One World Scholarship is awarded to students who are participating in study, or work-abroad programs that are either experiential learning opportunities (language or cultural training), or that provide credits toward the BC academic credential they are working towards.
The SFU deadline to submit a completed application with supported documentation is Tuesday November 1st, 2022 (4:30 pm PST)
Who is Eligible?
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident (landed immigrant), convention refugee, or protected person living in Canada;
- are a resident of British Columbia, defined as having a primary residence in the province for at least 12 consecutive months prior to the date of full-time enrollment in the program for which the scholarship is applied for;
- have clearly demonstrated significant community and/or school involvement and academic achievement, supported by two references submitted with the application;
- are enrolled full-time in an academic program of at least one year at a BC public post-secondary institution leading to a credential and have been accepted into an eligible international program outside of Canada or United States;
- are not planning an international experience in a country from which you have immigrated within the past 10 years;
- have not previously received a One World International Scholarship or a Premier’s International Scholarship;
- plan to begin your international experience within 12 months of receiving the scholarship; and,
- will return to British Columbia after completing your international experience for further education or work.
- Applicants must have a minimum CGPA (culmulative grade point average) of 3.50 to be eligible for this opportunity
How to Apply
- Review the Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship;
- Obtain “unofficial” transcripts of all your post-secondary studies (in British Columbia and elsewhere);
- Obtain two references using the forms included with the Application (2022-23 One World International Scholarship Application). One reference must be completed by an academic reference (commenting on your academic abilities) and one by a non-academic reference (commenting on your volunteer or extra-curricular activities);
- Submit the completed Application package including your transcripts and reference forms to Manoj Bhaktan (email@example.com). Documents must be sent as one scanned and completed PDF.
Remember: The deadline to submit completed application with supporting documents – Tuesday November 1st, 2022 (4:30 pm PST). No late applications will be accepted.
Decisions will be finalized by the committee in mid-November. Recipients of the scholarship will be contacted directly by Financial Aid and Awards with further instructions on how they will receive their funding.
If you have any additional questions or concerns about the One World Scholarship award, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org